Job ID: 285800
Northfield, a CRH company, is a division withinOldcastle APG. APG is North Americas leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36states and 5Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Northfield is currently seeking a dedicated Shift Supervisor at the Sheffield location who will report directly to the Production Manager. We have multiple shifts open!
- Supervise personnel in multiple plants onsite and coordinate production workflow
- Lead the plant safety culture by discussing safety on a daily basis, recording near misses, following all safety guidelines, and awarding positive safety behavior
- Assist with production activities and equipment maintenance as needed
- Ensure all production reports are completed at the end of the shift and that company quality standards are met each day Set and uphold expectations regarding attendance, job performance, effort, and attitude
- Ensure that all personnel, prior to the start of shift, are wearing the correct safety equipment and that safety awareness is maintained throughout the shift
- Train new employees on appropriate job functions and cross-train tenured employees to broaden experience and knowledge Report to maintenance and/or safety personnel any safety hazards or equipment malfunctions and/or maintenance Administer performance evaluations for direct reports
- Suggest and/or initiate personnel actions such as promotions, hires, transfers, pay adjustments, and terminations and ensure compliance with the Companys affirmative action policy, practices and procedures
- Investigate and resolve employee relation issues/conflicts
- Complete verbal and written disciplinary warnings/counseling in accordance with the companys policy and procedures Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- High school diploma and at least 3 years of industrial supervisory experience, up to 25 team members.
- Able to plan, allocate resources, manage production and coordinate people and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Proven success in leading a team
- Forklift experience a plus
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Northfield, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity