Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Sherwin-Williams E-Business Development team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Senior Developer focused on our new Customer Identity platform. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a high impact program that drives an engaging digital experience for our customers around the globe.
An effective Senior Customer Identity Developer will possess a rich skill set that includes in-depth technical knowledge, an understanding of identity and access management, IT governance, as well as IT general controls and privacy regulations. Must have the ability to maintain a team focus while contributing independently.
Strategy and Planning
• Ability to work with recent technologies while showing drive, versatility, adaptability, and creative thinking.
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, create a functional specification, and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
• Research and implement new development techniques.
• Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards.
• Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
• Assist to install, configure, integrate, and deploy Identity products and upgrades.
• Ability to communicate with internal clients and management aspects of technical and functional issues at all levels appropriate for the situation.
• Build and nurture positive working relationships with the intention to exceed expectations.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Design application and database components for development projects.
• Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Maintain and modify applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Manage and prioritize workload between project and maintenance tasks.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Help foster development of teams cross-functional and collaborative capabilities.
• Consumer Identity & Access Management including Role-Based access control, access request and certification experience.
• Project and task management and reporting, as necessary.
• Conduct research into innovative technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with development teams.
• Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Provide off hour support for critical application problems and issues.
• Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel, up to 5%, may be required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years IT experience
• 5+ years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• 2+ years working in the Identity and Access Management domain.
• Experience working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
• Experience testing, debugging, and diagnosing software bugs and system issues.
• Experience with version control systems such as git, mercurial, or subversion.
• Experience with command line tools.
• Experience with SAP Customer Data Cloud (Gigya) a plus
• Experience with consumer identity platforms such as Okta, OAuth, Akamai Identity Cloud, Salesforce Identity, Sailpoint, or similar.
• Experience developing front-end technologies such as CSS and/or HTML
• Experience implementing authentication solutions for both cloud-based and on-premise applications.
• Experience with identity management and federation technologies such as SAML, OAUTH, OpenID Connect, or similar.
• An understanding of IT Risk and IT Control concepts such as Least Privilege, Segregation of Duties, and Privilege Access Management
• Experience with Identity and Access Management concepts such as authentication, authorization, application security, privacy and consent management, regulatory compliance, multi-factor authentication, federation, and risk management.
• Understanding of Consumer Privacy Compliance: Service Provider Agreements and regulations such as GDPR and CCPA
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to quickly pick-up new tools and technologies.
• Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.