Avient Corporation (formerly PolyOne Corporation), with 2019 revenues of$2.9 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials that require less plastic
Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 9,100 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care and a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste. For more information, visit
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE and Pride to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are based solely on a person's qualifications, abilities, experience and performance.
Avient's Norwalk, Ohio facility is looking for experienced production operators. Under the direction of the Shift Leader and Production Supervisor, the Production Operator is responsible for the set up and operation of equipment which blends/mixes/packages/transports the liquid or dry chemicals that comprise our customer products. The Production Operator ensures the highest quality product at the lowest possible costs while meeting customer specifications and delivery requirements. These positions are on the afternoon shift. Must be willing to work overtime.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Sets up, starts and runs all machinery, checking all controls for adherence to operating/safety procedures and ISO standards.
* Weighs ingredients to meet recipe specification and inserts into machinery, or ensures the correct ingredients are delivered to the work area and inserts pre-blended materials into machinery.
* Monitors production and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation. Troubleshoots equipment and processing issues.
* Operates machinery to mix, extrude/discharge or handle materials according to operating procedures.
* Examines materials visually or physically to ensure conformance with established standards.
* May take samples of materials to lab for evaluation and instructions on any batch adjustments if needed. Refers issues/problems to Production Lead or Production/Shift Supervisor for disposition.
* Performs all required machine cleaning.
* Completes and maintains all required system inputs/transactions. Responsible for data integrity.
* Documents work completed as required including logs, data reports, procedures, etc.
* Participates in training, retraining and continual improvement processes and methods.
* Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Diploma or GED
2+ year's experience manufacturing. Plastics/extrusion background strongly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The associate is frequently required to walk. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment ranges from normal office noise levels to loud.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.
PolyOne is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. PolyOne will use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.