Job Title: JRC Food Service Cook Assistance - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, Ohio 44708
Number of Openings: 3
APPLY DIRECT to JRC Learning Center;
Please Email: email@example.com
Visit our website at: https://www.jrccares.org/who-we-are/careers /
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
General Statement of Duties: Responsible to assist with food preparation and serving breakfast, lunch, and snacks for infants through seniors. Must be flexible to work at two different locations, if needed. Must have basic knowledge of food prep, measurements, storage and ordering within a commercial kitchen environment. Must have basic knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment and safe handling thereof. EXAMPLES OF Essential Work:
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to menu and recipes or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
- Follow recipes and adhere to individual dietary restrictions as needed.
- Follow all food safety regulations and procedures.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Portion and wrap the food or place it directly on plates for service.
- Weigh or measure ingredients.
- Mix ingredients according to recipe.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Stocking shelves as food deliveries arrive, disposing of boxes, etc.
- Keep the stock room, refrigerator, and freezer orderly, clean, and sanitary for food storage always.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Assist with meal tracking information and other paperwork as assigned by supervisor.
- Inform supervisor when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items as instructed.
- Attend meetings as needed and assist in setting and accomplishing goals as set by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma
- Certification in ServSafe (will train) preferred / Certification as Ohio Person in Charge minimum
- Must attend continuing training classes designed to broaden professionalism, education, and skill.
- Professional in appearance, attitude, and ability.
- Treat clients, caregivers, and staff members with respect.
- Develop a sense of teamwork with co-workers in all work-related duties.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, and ask questions as appropriate.
- Monitor/Assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in commercial kitchen preparing large quantities of meals.
- Knowledge of child and senior nutrition.
- Knowledge of the Children and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Knowledge of food cost, inventory, and ordering.
- Knowledge and skill with fresh food preparation.
- Basic knife handling skills.
- Ability to measure ingredients accurately.
- Basic reading and math skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out directions.
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge with understanding recipes and having the ability to adjust proportions according to need.
- Attention to detail.
- Leadership skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Problem solving skills.
Details: Part Time & Full-Time positions available / Monday – Friday
Wage Range: $10.00- $10.15
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Retirement Plan
Pre-employment Testing: Criminal Background Check & Reference Check
OMJ Staff Contact: RC6