Title: Physical Wellness Coordinator Job Code: 00507OH
Division: Senior Living
Revision date: March 2019 Supervises: N/A
With the opening of our state-of-the-art Fairfax Wellness Center, we need an
energized, passionate individual ready to engage with our residents and their journeys toward holistic wellbeing!
We are looking for someone versatile enough to instruct group classes but also build rapport with residents on a 1:1 basis.
Featuring TechnoGym, NuStep, and CyberCycle equipment, don't miss your
opportunity to work in a community that invests in its future.
Our new Wellness Center overlooks our lush green campus and was both
artfully and thoughtfully designed to include 1,700+ feet in its Fitness Center, ample space in a private personal training room, two massage therapy rooms, both indoor and outdoor classroom spaces, and a comfortable lounge with
fireplace and The Blend juice bar. Not to mention, our community also has an Aquatics Center with an indoor warm-water pool.
What are you waiting for? Share your passion for wellness and partner with us to promote the wellbeing of our geriatric population here at First Community Village.
PURPOSE According to the prescribed policies and procedures including all applicable federal, state and local regulations, assumes the responsibility for the community physical wellness program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Develop and provide appropriate physical wellness programs for residents, members, and guests based on a standardized wellness assessment.
* Responsible for training and/or supervision of training for all residents, members and guests on the fitness equipment on campus.
* Supervise the use, safety, cleanliness, and maintenance of all the fitness equipment. Advise on issues of procurement of equipment for fitness area.
* Teach fitness/wellness classes to improve strength, flexibility, cardiovascular conditioning, or general fitness of participants.
* Maintain the communication board and class schedule; keeping the residents, guests and employees up-to-date on activities/programs.
* Complete annual fitness assessments and routine surveys to determine interest in or satisfaction with wellness and fitness programs.
* Track attendance, participation, and/or performance data for outcomes management.
* Plan and participate in campus fitness, wellness, educational, and promotional activities for individuals and groups.
* Develop in conjunction with the fitness committee any rules and regulations regarding the fitness program.
EXPECTATIONS * Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET- Physical Wellness Coordinator
Education: Fitness certification and/or a Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Athletic Training or similar field of study.
Experience: Two to three years in fitness training and program development.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, computer and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web. Current CPR certification.
Licensure: n/a Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 25-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous (C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing S = Stooping Lifting / Carrying; S = 10-25 lbs. F = Standing S = Pushing S = 26-50 lbs. F = Sitting S = Pulling R = 51-75 lbs. F = Walking R = Driving ` R = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Moderate monetary responsibility. Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Good office conditions with some exposure to conditions such as odors, illness, infection, and physical contact with residents/clients.
I hereby understand and agree to the above description of the duties required.
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.