Scheduled Hours Per Week:
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work
2020Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
Top 101 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
2020 Healthiest 100 Workplace in America
2021 Top Workplaces USA
The RPS Controller's job purpose/objective:
* As a strategic business partner, this position aligns business objectives with financial operations and functions
* Acts as internal consultant to both Retirement Plan Services (RPS) management and Corporate Finance
* Related responsibilities include budgeting, monthly financial results, forecasting, mergers and acquisitions
* Conduct quantitative and/or qualitative research of information affecting financial and/or business processes.
* Interprets findings, prepares reports and formulates recommendations.
* Operate in accordance with CBIZ accounting practices, the generally accepted accounting principles issued by the FASB and the SEC and other regulatory and advisory organizations.
* Helps to oversee financial reporting function and ensure top performance through coaching and development of team.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
* Financial partner to the Leaders of Defined Contribution Services (DCS), Actuarial and Advisory (RPS group)
* Responsible for monthly roll-up and variance analysis of RPS group
* Responsible for forecast & budget roll-up including all supporting schedules for RPS
* Research, collect, interpret and verify data for RPS
* Prepare requirements, specifications, business or financial processes and recommendations
* Support or drive implementation of solutions as needed including assessing possible issues and shortcomings
* Lead department projects as necessary
* Respond to inquiries regarding analysis and reports
* Ensure accurate budgeting, forecasting and monthly financial results are prepared
* Prepare monthly cash proofs
* Ensure GAAP compliance
* Prepare long-term forecasting financial models, designed to meet long-term objectives
* Lead, coach and develop a team
* Develop staff through goal-setting, evaluations, feedback and on-going coaching to ensure activities are performed within department and Company policy.
* Prepare IRR models for possible acquisitions/tuck-ins as needed
* Lead financial due diligence of potential acquisitions within the DCS group
Expectations for this role:
* Financial partner to the leaders of DCS, Actuarial and Advisory - at least a monthly meeting with the leaders to explain results and discuss the business.
* Partner to the RPS CFO which includes recommendations, problem solving and standard process implementation.
* Responsible for rolling up monthly results for the entire RPS group and able to explain all variances to budget, forecast, prior year. This will entail working closely with other Controllers and understanding their processes.
* Responsible for monthly variance reports to RPS CFO and Corporate Reporting related to RPS.
* Accurate monthly financial results for all groups within RPS and ensure GAAP compliance.
* Develop a mentoring and training program for each of the accountants on the RPS team.
* Evaluate what current monthly work can be passed down to each of the accountants to make time for mentoring, more detailed financial analysis of the results and department projects.
* Positive leader of the accounting team
* Review and understand IRR model for acquisitions and be able to prepare various versions of these models as needed for management.
* Balance Sheet Analytical prepared on a quarterly basis for the RPS CFO explaining all material variances. Meet with other controllers quarterly to review balance sheet items within their groups.
* Master's degree preferred in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
* Bachelor's degree required
* 7 years experience in public accounting or related field
* 5 years supervisory
* Must have and preserve required licenses
* Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Must be able to travel based on business needs
CBIZ.Jobs Category: Corporate
If you are a qualified individual with a disabilityyou may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free)or send an email to .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law.