Wage based on experience - Start with 2 weeks vacation and Benefits the 1st of the month following 60 days
Great opportunity for growth to a Salaried position in a stable and growing production environment
* Directs and coordinates the day-to-day shift activities by providing leadership and supervision to the team.
* Serves as the link between direct reports and middle / upper management.
* Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products, utilizing knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities, and human resource requirements and capabilities.
* Makes decisions on job assignments and work priorities
* Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and downtime.
* Responsible for equipment condition and department housekeeping
* Researches, complies and prepares reports, correspondence, and other information required by management, as well as, identifies and resolves report discrepancies or errors.
* Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment. Leads and supports hourly employees to work in a safe manner and to seek improvements in work practices.
* Ensures that product quality and production efficiencies meet or exceed established standards.
* Examines procedures and recommends changes to save time, labor, and other costs and to improve quality control and operating efficiency.
* Supervises and coordinates activities of support resources such as quality, maintenance, shipping and receiving, and technical trainers.
* Observes workforce to ensure compliance with safety, quality, and productivity standards.
* Verifies completeness and accuracy of employee's work, computations, and records.
* Participates in work to facilitate productivity or overcome difficult aspects of work.
* Instructs team in job duties or arranges for training to be provided.
* Facilitates team meetings, intervenes as necessary to keep the team's goals and results consistent with company direction, and works with the team members to develop their full potential.
* Initiates and conducts personnel actions such as discipline, performance evaluations, and payroll.
* Evaluates job performance and recommends appropriate personnel action.
* Administer, communicate and interpret work procedures and company policies to employees
* Provides employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving grievances or submits unsettled disputes to management.
* Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International's good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at .
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Marion, Ohio, United States
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.