Job Title: Escrow Officer or Title Agent - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, OH
Number of Openings: 1 or 2
How to Apply:
Email your resume to: email@example.com
Job Description: A Canton, OH-based title office is growing and seeking an experienced Escrow Officer or Title Agent.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures of the real estate title industry
- Reads, examines and prepares title insurance commitments, lien search reports, and final title policies
- Researches public records and other online databases to assist in the title examination process
- Resolve title issues (ex: easements, encroachments, lot splits, vesting, tax liens, judgments, bankruptcies)
- Participates in the real estate closing process, ensures compliance with contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, company requirements and other written instructions
- Communicate with all parties in a transaction, including sellers, purchasers, lenders, attorneys and Realtors
- Works with the post-closing/escrow department as necessary for disbursement of funds
- Related industry experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) or higher
- Title Agent License or willing to become licensed shortly after hire
- Notary Public or willing to become a notary public shortly after hire
- Computer skills for basic and specialized industry-specific software applications
- Full time, however will consider a request for part time for the perfect candidate
- Salary determined by applicant qualifications: Range $30,000 - $50,000
- Number of hires for this position: 1-2
Details: Full time (part-time considered). 1st Shift. 40 hours/week (maximum). Monday through Friday. $30,000 to $50,000/year (based on experience).
Qualifications: High School Diploma / GED. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must Have Valid Driver’s License.
Available Benefits: Vacation, Paid Holidays.
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Reference Check.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2