On behalf of a Manufacturer in the Barberton area, OhioMeansJobs|Summit County is currently seeking Pipe Fitter/Welders.
As a Pipe Fitter/Welder, you will be a critical part of the production team, ensuring that all equipment and machinery are performing at top notch! Your work will directly affect people's lives!
Under general supervision uses hand welding and flame cutting equipment such as arc welders, gas welders, and gas torches to weld together metal components (flat, horizontal, or vertical plates and pipes). Works from sketches, prints, operation sheets, preliminary drawings, and written/verbal instructions. Must maintain welding specifications. Set up and operate welding equipment.
- Select type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders according to specifications
- Plan installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers
- Review P&ID drawings and job specifications to determine work requirements
- Fabricate and modify piping systems and process equipment
- Cut pipe using saws, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe- cutting machine
- Thread pipe using pipe threading machine, bend pipe using pipe bending tools and machinery
- Assemble and install variety of metal and non- metal pipes using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints and hand tools
- Prepare pipe ends according to weld procedure and welder preference
- Increase pressure in pipe system to test and observe connected pressure gauge
- May weld pipe supports to structural steel members
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect malfunctions
- Respiratory protection devise may be required
- Responsible for complying with all safety and project rules
- Maintain and repair rotating and fixed equipment throughout the plant
- Promote and utilize 5-S standards for the line to improve efficiency, cleanliness and safety
- Perform a number of PM’s under pipefitting duties
- Other duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent technical training
- One to four years’ of experience in an industrial or similar environment