Application Sustainment Programmer (Basic)_Remote
We are seeking an Application Sustainment Programmer (Senior) for a telework/remote/virtual
position. The preferred candidate location would be Battle Creek, MI or Columbus, OH.
The Application Sustainment Programmer (Basic) analyzes objectives and problems identified by
analysts and/or designers and translate the solutions provided by systems designers into detailed
Additional Responsibilities Include, but are not Limited To:
* Assists with the management, development, testing and maintenance of computer programs
to ensure that the application meets the needs of the users of the system.
* Assist systems analysts and/or designers in researching and documenting computer user
* Assists with preparation of documentation for other programmers, users of the system and
other support services workers.
* Assists with program design activities including definition of data and error message
* Assists with the modification and documentation of program code to correct errors or to
enhance an application's capabilities.
* Assists with the testing of applications and assists with the preparation of reports on the
status, operation and maintenance of system software applications for use by the customer.
* Assist with proposal development, if necessary.
* Must have a minimum of two (2) years' experience that is directly related to the above duties
* DLA experience a plus.
* Associates degree required
o OR two (2) years' additional equivalent experience in applications programming including support for configuring and extending COTS.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Relevant certification from a nationally recognized technical authority.
Other Required Skills & Abilities:
* Must be able to effectively communicate with customer and fulfill all duties and responsibilities as listed in the contract.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including, but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
* Must possess IT-II/Secret security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC).
US Citizenship: This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Sawdey Solution Services to staff it only with U.S. Citizens.
About the Organization
Here at Sawdey Solution Services, Inc., an ISO 9001-14001 certified and CMMI-SVC v1.3 Level 3 appraised corporate headquarters, we have built a nationwide and global footprint by providing innovative, cross-disciplined professional services, engineering, and cyber solutions to Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Agencies, and commercial customers. Operating successfully since 2001, we are a Woman Owned/Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (WOSB/SDVOSB). Our mission is to provide employees with the best experience in a people focused, continuous process improvement environment. We are extremely proud of the culture we have created and encourage all prospective applicants to take a look at what other applicants and employees are saying about us:
What We Offer:
Whether you are a transitioning service member or are an experienced government contracting professional, Sawdey Solution Services, Inc. offers a strong benefits package that extends beyond compensation. In addition to our healthcare plans, we also have benefits that encourage work/life balance, support your retirement goals, and aid in achieving not only your career goals, but your educational and training goals as well.
Don't just take our word (and others' words) for it* We invite you to come experience the Sawdey difference for yourself!
Sawdey Solution Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Disabled-Veterans-41 CFR 60 1.4 and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or veteran status.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Sawdey Solution Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, or veteran status.