Location: Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
Centennial is a national leader in renovation, infrastructure improvements, new construction, sustainable initiatives and emergency services for facility owners. We operate a nationwide network of more than 30 offices led by construction professionals who share a common goal: to keep promises, honor commitments and exceed client expectations. Our performance helps forge strong partnerships, which are strengthened over time.
As the nation's foremost practitioner of Job Order Contracting (JOC) project delivery, Centennial tailors its performance-based approach to best address owner requirements. Centennial adapts its proven systems to ably address project intricacies, whether through Design-Build, Integrated Delivery, Construction Management, On-Call Construction, Engineering and Services or Facility Management.
Centennial serves institutions, government agencies and private industry. As a member of the Bilfinger Engineering and Services Group, Centennial helps clients better control day-to-day expenditures, lower energy consumption and reduce facility management costs.
People constitute Centennial's key differentiator - professionals committed to operating at the forefront of performance-based construction and contributing daily to mutually beneficial, long-term client partnerships.
* 4+ years' experience in the construction industry with a commercial or industrial general contractor
* Proficient with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
* Must be able to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with clients, subcontractors, all levels of personnel, and more
* Ability to be flexible and adaptable to frequent changes and work in a fast-paced environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include clear, concise and professional presentation of information
* Ability to manage all resources, to include vendors, subcontractors, time, and more, as well as, prioritizing tasks in order to meet tight deadlines and successfully deliver high-quality projects
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field highly desired
Scope of Responsibility:
Oversees the operations of a construction site, from planning to completion. Responsible for the performance of all subcontractors ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. Promote, execute and adhere to the company's safety program, and encourage all employees, subcontractors to adopt safety as a culture.
* Ability to acquire and maintain OSHA Safety Course Certification, Red Cross First Aid, and CPR Certification, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management (CQM certification
* Supervise and coordinate subcontractors and job site operations for job order contracts in accordance with Centennial's Superintendent's Manual
* Work with Project Manager to review and provide input on the project scope of work and development
* Work with the Project Manager in outlining project timetable and evaluate and update schedules as needed to ensure that project activities progress according to plan
* Control all job site operations for compliance with contract requirements, noise and dust control, non-interruption of Owner activities, and utility shutdown procedures
* Organize daily safety inspections of jobsite and personnel to ensure all working conditions and work habits are following company, contract, and government standards
* Complete daily project reports, recording progress on the contract intranet website
* Review and adhere to construction schedules, ensuring milestones and completion dates are met
* Manage punch-list completion and project closeout
* Maintain ongoing communication and collaboration with Project Safety Officer, Project Manager, Quality Control, sub-contractors, and more
* Ensure compliance with Centennial's Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines and procedures along with all local requirements (OSHA, USACE EM385.1.1, etc.)
* Responsible for notifying supervisor if an HSEQ infraction is observed
* Performance of the required job duties will be in an office environment along with visits to sites that are under construction which may include various weather conditions
* The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
The ability to walk terrain and surfaces that may be far, uneven, or temporary
The ability to regularly sit, stand, walk, talk and hear
The ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel
The ability to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, or reach
The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
We are a national General Contractor providing complex renovation and design/build construction services around the country. Our clients include both government and institutional facilities across multiple states. We offer long term opportunities with excellent compensation, benefits and advancement potential. All positions require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. This position requires daily, reliable transportation to and from project sites.
I certify that the answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. By submitting my application to Centennial and/or affiliated entities, I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision. I understand that this application is not and is not intended to be a contract of employment. If I am hired, I understand that I have the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause, and that Centennial and/or affiliated entities retains the same right.
I understand that as an applicant for a position, I may be required to submit to a drug screening and background check as a condition of employment and/or continued employment. I understand that an unsatisfactory result from, refusal to cooperate with, or any attempt to affect the results of these pre-employment tests and background checks will result in withdrawal of any employment offer or termination of employment if already employed.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interviews may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the company as set forth in the Centennial Employee Handbook.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
You are invited to provide your race, gender and if you are disabled in your employment application, but it is not required. This information is being requested on a voluntary basis solely to fulfill our Affirmative Action requirements as a Federal Contractor. If you prefer not to disclose you will not be subject to any adverse treatment. Any information collected related to a disability will be kept confidential and in accordance with the ADA.
Please reach out to Gregory Dwayne Dunning(703) 537-6016 for any questions related to this position.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Fraudulent employment offers
We are aware that fraudulent employment offers are being transmitted via email by people claiming to be employees or representatives of Bilfinger. Prospective candidates are provided job descriptions and employment letters and are asked to complete and return employment information forms as well as official tax forms. These job offers may look genuine and could include names of Bilfinger legal entities, Bilfinger executives, their signatures, seals of "authenticity", the Bilfinger brand and logo.
Please be advised that these communications are FRAUDULENT and are NOT sent from anyone within or affiliated with Bilfinger. These email messages are a scam and should be treated as such. Bilfinger does not make job offers via social media, unsolicited email or without personally interviewing candidates first. We never send you cheques in order to pay contractors to set up a home office. Never send money or pass on personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with Bilfinger, and never reply to an email address that does not end in @bilfinger.com.
If you receive such a message, you are advised to contact your local law enforcement agency and provide any details you may have. You also may forward the messages to .
If you are interested in an employment with Bilfinger, please submit your application in the safe environment of our only.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.