This position reports to the Director, Early Learning Center.
This position does not include an appointment.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the program for the assigned class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the Early Learning Center.
- Managing the program to the needs of the individual children with concern for each child’s interests.
- Considering each child in relationship with his/her cultural and socioeconomic background.
- Treating all children/families/co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Helping children become aware of their individual roles as integral members of a group.
- Being responsible for the arrangement, appearance, decor, routine housekeeping, and overall learning environment of the classroom assigned.
- Providing guidance and direction for assigned Assistant Teachers/Student Teachers/Volunteers within the classroom environment.
- Assisting the Director with the explanation of the Center’s program to visitors to the Center.
- Assisting the Director with fostering positive parent/center relationships.
- Attending all staff meetings and required annual training.
- Perform other similar duties as assigned.
MAJOR WORK QUALIFICATIONS:
Associate Degree required. Must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children, especially in the field of developmentally appropriate curriculum, and must be able to meet all the requirements of the State of Ohio licensing requirement. This individual must be a sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to both children and adults, and s/he must have the personality and ability to provide leadership and stability for program continuity.
Commensurate with education and experience; including full benefits package.
Apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/rhodesstate . Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must include a letter of interest outlining background and qualifications, unofficial transcripts, a resume and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers (work and home/cell) of at least three (3) professional references. References are contacted at the point when applicants advance through the interview process. Questions can be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.