Directions is seeking a strategic-minded, high-impact individual to join our growing CPG team as an Account Executive, Client Service. In this role, you will be responsible for selling and growing client relationships by understanding client research objectives, applying appropriate methodologies to address them, and utilizing your strong client service skillset to deliver the results.
The responsibilities of the Account Executive include:
- Growing and maintaining client relationships via consultation
- A combination of independent and in partnership with the SVP, CPG practice, and other AEs
- Identifying client needs and designing research to meet those needs effectively
- Applying effective client management and communication skills, which include:
- Managing expectations
- Adopting a marketing/business orientation (vs. research orientation)
- Effectively communicate/present results
- Identifying opportunities to expand Directions' business with clients
- Applying effective prospecting techniques to win business
- Determining pricing for client projects
- Projecting account-level sales forecasts for use by Senior Management
- Creating and presenting proposals and sales/marketing decks
The skillset of the successful Account Executive includes:
- Approximately seven to ten years of experience in the research and insights industry is preferred
- An advanced degree in marketing research may qualify toward the required experience
- Experience in designing, proposing, selling, and overseeing the execution of projects.
- Understanding of business and marketing issues that research clients and their stakeholders face
- Collaborative, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills
- Proactive business development mindset
- Ability to travel to meet client needs
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S., and compensation is commensurate with experience.
Independently recognized as one of the top business decision insight firms in the nation, Directions combines a highly experienced staff with a unique mix of innovative and proven approaches to answer pressing business issues. Our clients value how we combine primary and connected data from various inputs to create a holistic picture and disseminate the story in an actionable format to move their business forward.
Directions excels in the areas of innovation and optimization, customer and brand experience, strategic business intelligence and visualization across a wide range of industries. Our goal is to help our clients make the best informed, intuitive and strategic business decisions over and over again as their products and services move through their life cycles. Consumers are constantly changing and so are the informational needs of brand/marketing leaders and C-suite executives.
Directions serves as the independent voice of the consumers in today's business world. Privately-held by the senior members of the firm, Directions is based in Cincinnati with regional offices around the country. The firm's work and clients are global.
Directions is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including disability/vets
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.