Scheduled Hours Per Week:
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work
2020Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
Top 101 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
2020 Healthiest 100 Workplace in America
2021 Top Workplaces USA
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
* Manage the planning, development, organization, and effectiveness of the RPS Finance Department
* Direct and oversee all the activities of the department, including G/L, financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, analysis, trending and audit.
* Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of all aspects of financial information.
* Participate in the development and implementation of the RPS's plans, programs and initiatives as a strategic partner.
* Evaluate and advise others on the financial impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
* Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the entity.
* Provide technical advice and knowledge to others within the department.
* Provide strategic input and leadership on issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers
* Review and be an advisor on contracts into which the entity may enter.
* Evaluate the structure of the applicable workforce, and plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and provide individuals with professional and personal growth.
* Adhere to ethics and employee code of conduct policies and, as appropriate, communicate and enforce the same to subordinates
* Monitor all activities for evidence of fraud
* Responsible for compliance of key control processes and development of new controls as needed to minimize risk of loss
* Develop and manage strategic initiatives such as development of a back office and other strategic initiatives within the department to enhance efficiencies and accuracy of output and deliverables.
* Develop and manage strong relationships with other CBIZ departments by partnering with FP&A, Legal, HR, Corporate Finance, SSC, etc. as needed.
* Manage all audit and QA activities as the primary management contact for all audits
* Drive a team environment; demonstrate support of management decisions and build a positive culture
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
* Develop a short term and long term organizational chart that illustrates plans for successfully supporting the RPS structure and management
* Work with direct reports to develop and implement goals to support the organization
* Work as a strategic partner for Brian and Ben - weekly meetings to discuss the business.
* Strategic partner with DCS & Actuarial leaders (Robert & Tom) - meetings to discuss the business and where the finance team can assist.
* Determine appropriate KPIs and metrics for the RPS group with assistance from Brian and Ben and collaborate on the production of a monthly RPS dashboard.
* Partner with B&I management to explain monthly results, forecasts and IRR models for RPS acquisitions.
* Determine appropriate metrics for the finance department in terms of productivity and effectiveness.
* Evaluate what current monthly work that can be passed down to other people in the department in order to make time for more strategic analysis, department projects and M&A opportunities.
* Update the monthly reporting book.
* Continue to evaluate best practices and structure for the RPS Finance team.
* Mentor, develop & coach direct reports and meet monthly to talk through expectations and department projects/issue.
* Continue to act as Acumatica Project Business leader - push for needed enhancements and manage the consultant.
* Detailed review of the Advisory month-end close process and determine what aspects are necessary in order to streamline the close process.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
* Graduate or specialty degree
* 6 years managing professional finance staff
* Bachelor's degree
* 8 years experience
* 6 years supervisory experience
* Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
CBIZ.Jobs Category: Corporate
If you are a qualified individual with a disabilityyou may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414 (toll free)or send an email to .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law.