OhioMeansJobs Lake County is currently accepting resumes for the following position: Willoughby, OH
Patient Financial Representative
Position ID Number: 38131865
Reporting to the Supervisor, Patient Access, the Patient Financial Representative helps patients resolve the patient responsibility portion of medical bills. You will be relied on to create a welcoming, professional and efficient experience for patients. The Patient Financial Representative will be successful in their role by creating an outstanding patient service experience by providing account resolution during in person encounters.
- Educate patients on the phone, in writing or in person regarding the billing process, insurance, and their financial obligation regarding payments.
- Accurately complete patient registration and cash collection during in person patient interviews to obtain demographic, insurance, medical and financial information.
- Review the explanation of benefits to determine insurance coverage, ensure all insurance coverage has been submitted.
- Demonstrate a high level of problem solving expertise and assist with denied claims; offer additional options for assistance in resolving the account.
- Make payment arrangements for patients; process adjustments as necessary.
- Function as an outstanding subject matter expert.
- Comply with all agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain all aspects of HIPAA, promoting patient confidentiality and right to privacy.
- Responsible for and completes all productivity/documentation requirements.
- Participate in all assigned staff meetings and staff development programs.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2+ years’ of experience in a patient facing role in person or via phone in a medical setting required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Basic PC software application knowledge and ability to use multiple data systems preferred.
- Please contact Renee DeGennaro-Baur (440)350-4323 or Renee.DeGennaroBaur@jfs.ohio.gov for immediate consideration.