We're forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can't do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it's in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
As a Professional Services Consultant in this role, you will provide primarily pre-sales services and support for NetApp customers. Professional Services Consultants team with NetApp Enterprise Infrastructure Architects, Account teams, Partner teams, and Customers to understand customer requirements, scope appropriate services that drive toward business outcomes, and deliver service projects. Service projects include various aspects of project planning, customer data acquisition and analysis, project management, requirements analysis, architecture/design, optimization, and support of on-going consulting processes.
NetApp will continue to evolve toward higher value-added solutions and Professional Services Consultants are integral to the success of these solutions. Solutions influenced by customer data and that bridge the gap between business requirements and technology implementations tend to be more successful. Examples include complex storage and virtual compute architectures to support mission critical applications such as database (MSSQL and Oracle), email systems (MS Exchange), and SAP. Solutions also include data protection and business continuity architectures, archive, backup and restore, disaster recovery, storage consolidation, storage performance, virtual compute, etc.
In this role you will collaborate with Professional Services and NetApp Partner teams to share best practices in order to assist NetApp customers with advanced consulting services that may include the following:
* Project planning for tasks of moderate to high complexity.
* Installation and configuration of NetApp Data Fabric solutions, including on-premises and public cloud-based hardware and software products.
* Implementation of backup and restore, disaster recovery, storage consolidation, data protection, storage performance, virtual compute performance, etc.
* Optimization recommendations including upgrades, performance monitoring and system audit tasks.
* Communication with clients and management.
It will be critical that you have a willingness and desire to understand the customers' technical environment in order to be able to deliver effective solutions. Typical customer technical environments include:
* Operating Systems: Unix and Windows systems administration functions including domain structures, file systems, disk partitions, mounts, quotas, and general security.
* Networking: Local area network technology, specifically Ethernet, IP, DNS and NIS associated daemons. Network architectures include: hubs, repeaters, bridges, routers, and switches.
* Storage: SAN and NAS storage communications including caching, replication, and streaming technologies.
* Virtual Compute: VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix, and Open Source hypervisors. Discrete, converged, and hyper-converged hardware architectures.
* NetApp Data Fabric: working knowledge of the solutions portfolio
*** You have the opportunity to contribute positively to specific projects as part of the project planning, project management, requirements analysis, architecture/design, implementation, optimization, and other advanced consulting support processes!
Must have direct experience in several of the following areas:
o Windows: good knowledge of NT, Win2K, Win2K3. Understand share and NTFS security concepts.
o Unix: good knowledge of Berkeley, Linux, and/or System V Unix system administration concepts including disk and network administration, NFS and NIS/NIS+ administration
o Networking: knowledge of Ethernet, IP, and DNS. Knowledge of network architectures including hubs, repeaters, bridges, routers, and switches.
o Storage: knowledge of storage administration and the concepts of file systems, disk partitions, mounts, quotas, mirroring and sizing.
o Good knowledge of NAS, DAS, SAN (fabric attached architectures).
o Experience with Data ONTAP fundamentals, Data Fabric solutions.
o Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Private Cloud software and hardware, and subscription services. Containerization (Kubernetes), software provisioning, configuration management, and application-deployment toolsets (Ansible) enabling infrastructure as code
Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential and are utilized in communicating with team members, systems administrators and managers.
Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers, enterprise architects, and managers in a team environment to share best practices and meet aggressive goals, and meet high quality standards.
Ability to work well with customers' technical representatives under a variety of circumstances to best understand and meet customer expectations.
Up to 50% travel required, as well as off hours work (nights and weekends) when necessary.
* Bachelor's Degree and 5-8 years of relevant experience; or Master's Degree and 3-5 years of experience; or equivalent combination of applicable professional education/training/certifications (NetApp Certs, MCP, etc.)and relevant years of professional experience required.
* NetApp Certification is a plus.
* MCP and other Microsoft Certifications are a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world's biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
Colorado Residents Only: If the Company determines this role will be performed in Colorado, the starting salary for this position is approximately $96,500. This role could be eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time off (PTO), Company bonus, and Employee stock purchase plan. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.