First Community Village
Columbus, OH * Full-time
Join our team and share in the mission with National Church Residences! We are looking for aMaintenance Technicianto support our Senior Living campus in Columbus, OH and build your career here. This role will work with a team of professionals who support teamwork and innovation while promoting unlimited growth and professional development at every level.
Work/Life Balance, Renovated Facilities
Retirement Plan Available with Company Base and Match Contribution
Generous Paid Time Off Policy, 8 Paid Holidays
Company Paid Long Term and Short-Term Disability
Full Time(30 hours or more per week) eligible for Health, Dental, Orthodontic and Vision insurance
Build your career with National Church Residences!We are comprised of multiple facilities and locations in the Central, Northern and Southern Ohio areas andpromote internal growth.
According to prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable state, federal and accreditation regulations and under the general supervision of the Director of Environmental Services/Facilities assumes responsibility for the overall maintenance of the facility including grounds keeping, equipment inspection, service and repairs.
* Conducts general maintenance of resident rooms/units, completing work orders thoroughly and answering emergency calls in a timely manner.
* Performs safety checks on rooms/units serviced.
* Performs daily walk through checks on assigned areas. Inspects and maintains light fixtures and fire equipment.
* Performs minor repairs to electrical, plumbing, roofing, fencing and carpentry as needed.
* Maintains and follows paperwork flow (work orders) consistent with procedures.
* Takes assigned on call schedule as directed.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.
* Attends and participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings to, follow up on changes and other communication, problem-solve, receive staff support and in-service education.
* Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach collaborates and participates in policy creation/review and appropriate problem solving methods.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for residents/clients, reports all complaints made by patients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET- Maintenance Tech
Education: Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year to two years.
Mental: Must have the ability to understand data and carry out verbal written instructions. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 25-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous (C) = 75% plus
S = Climbing F = Stooping Lifting / Carrying; C = 10-25 lbs.
S = Standing S = Pushing F = 26-50 lbs.
S = Sitting S = Pulling S = 51-75 lbs.
F = Walking S = Driving S = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Limited monetary responsibility.
Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Somewhat disagreeable; elements such as noise, dust, heat and oil exist but not to the extent of being continuously disagreeable.
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.