• Shall be a licensed physician, dentist, veterinarian, podiatrist, or chiropractor, or hold a master's degree in public health or an equivalent
master's degree in a related health field as determined by the Board of Health.
• Seven years of experience in senior management or leadership positions in a health department or public service organization.
• Must possess skill in the Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals including Analytical/Assessment, Policy
Development/Program Planning, Communication, Cultural Competency, Community Dimensions of Practice, Public Health Sciences,
Financial Planning and Management, and Leadership and Systems Thinking.
• National Incident Management System (NIMS)/Incident Command System (ICS) 100, 200, 300, 400 and 700 certifications within six
months of appointment.
• Possession of a valid Driver’s License and access to a motor vehicle.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Ensures that Public Health achieves its mission and vision
o ensures workforce and financial accountability
o develops and implements policies
o provides operational leadership and decision-making
o establishes and guides agency strategic directions
o establishes and tracks performance measures for population health improvement
• Ensures a competent, diverse workforce and an inclusive organizational culture.
• Ensures agency guiding principles provide the foundation of all Public Health programs and services (Centered on Community,
Committed to Health Equity, Collaborating for Impact, Operating with Accountability, and Based on Evidence).
• Ensures agency adherence to the principles of the ethical practice of public health.
• Ensures compliance with external requirements, mandates, rules, and regulations.
• Maintains agency accreditation status and conformity to the national Public Health Accreditation Board standards and measures.
• Demonstrates agency accountability through performance management, quality improvement and workforce development.
• Leads Montgomery County’s local public health system of partners to align resources to improve population-level health.
• Advances Public Health’s Policy Agenda by building relationships with local and state policy makers / legislators.
• Consults with the Governor’s Office, Ohio Department of Health leadership and the Association of Ohio Health Commissioners to
guide policy change and action on public health issues