Company: Mucci Farms
Job: Forklift Operator
Job Description: The forklift driver provides support in all areas of loading and unloading of raw materials for vendors coming to and from facilities. The forklift driver must be able to absorb new information quickly, use discretion and excellent judgment in making important decisions. Successful candidate must have written, verbal communication skills, analytical and computer skills.
- Move levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivelhooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Inspect all product loads for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Follows all safety requirements, policies and reports any unsafe conditions to management.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner at all times, monitors team members for safe practices and mentors best methods.
- Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to make basic mathematical calculations.
- Experience with computers or scanning equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience.
- Must be able to multitask in fast paced environment.
- Must be able to lift over 40lbs, and over 25lbs overhead.
- Must be able to read shipping and receiving documents
- Must be able to operate a forklift safely and be able to explain the basic features of the forklift including lifting capacities.
- Must be able to work in a 50 degree cooler.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and car for reliable transportation.
- Must have at least six (6) months of forklift driving experience in a manufacturing or production facility.
- Must have computer skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High school diploma and post-secondary education will be considered an asset.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus!
Apply online: https://www.muccifarms.com/careers/
Email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org