COMPANY: MUCCI FARMS-HURON, OH
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Growing Aspects:
Daily review of the development and growing of the plants in the greenhouses and identify plant needs and indications of disease.
- Daily review and adjustments of the strategies for climate (Ventilation, Temperature, CO2, HR, VPD and Curtains) and irrigation management according to the specific crops needs using the automated systems available at the facility.
- Weekly review of water analysis results for Feed, Drain and Slab, to establish adequate level of elements in the fertilizer mix.
- Daily review of pH, EC and drainage percentage to make effective adjustments in fertilization according to the crops needs.
- Review the Pests and Diseases Monitoring data and establish the strategies for Pests and Diseases Management.
- Calculate the proper doses and spray volumes for pesticides applications.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the strategies used for the pests and diseases management.
- Operate and maintain all the operational equipment used in a greenhouse environment including irrigation, fertilization, weed and pest monitoring and control, etc.
- Conduct a weekly Crop Registration to generate growing trends and accurate production projections.
- Determine the appropriate time for each Crop Maintenance activity, and ensure that the jobs are correctly done properly and timely.
- Calculate and purchase in a timely manner all the supplies needed for the greenhouse operation such as Seeds, Plants, Slabs, Fertilizer, Pesticides, Bio-controls, and any other supply used in the Growing Process.
- Record, analyze and present the data resulting for trials or research taking place in the Greenhouses.
- Respond and resolve Systems Alarms on a timely manner.
- Be an active professional seeking for information and advice that could lead to improve processes, increase yields and obtain better product quality year after year, keeping a cost effectiveness approach.
- Labor Management and Team Leading:
- Must understand the processes and the objectives pursued by the Performance Programs to be an active trainer for the Labor Supervisors and the general workers.
- Must work closely with the Priva Clerk in order to keep the system updated.
- Must be committed to be an active leader of the work team, planning and directing all the activities in the Greenhouses in an organized and efficient manner, establishing schedules and personnel needs, communicating the work plan daily to Labor Supervisors and ensuring that they carry out the work plan with success, efficiently and timely.
- Must manage the offshore workers schedule to ensure the crop is supplied with proper amount of personnel through the year.
- Must conduct several meetings through the year to explain performance trends, motivate employees and address company’s expectations about performance and quality.
- Maintain high standards of conduct and professionalism and lead team to success.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5-years of experience as a Grower in a high-tech glass greenhouse environment.
- Familiarity with Priva computer software.
- Must have a strong understanding of plant growth and interaction with varying environmental conditions and requirements.
- Must be familiar with horticultural nomenclature.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English; additional languages (i.e. Spanish, will be considered an asset).
- Must have Post-secondary education in the Horticulture Field.
Physical Abilities: Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy material (i.e. up to 50lbs). There is a requirement to bend, climb, stand, sit, walk and kneel for prolonged periods of time.
Note: This description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties may be assigned.
Apply online: https://www.muccifarms.com/careers/