COMPANY: Mucci Farms-Huron, OH
JOB: Food, Health & Safety Coordinator
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure that daily inspections regarding Pre-Operational Food and Safety are completed and recorded in logs for all departments.
- Daily verification and logging of all scales, and weekly calibration as needed.
- Sanitizers are filled, working and meet the required ppm.
- Mixing of chemicals for sanitation and cleaning of facility or lines.
- Lead the sanitation & hygiene team: develop and implement cleaning/sanitation programs.
- Enforce and maintain corporate health & safety policies and standards.
- Conduct health & safety inspection of Greenhouse and packinghouse to ensure compliance with OSHA.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace, and recommend corrective actions.
- Coordinate and conducting new hire orientation and training sessions for all employees regarding health and safety practices and legislation.
- Inspect work areas, machinery and equipment for potential accident and health hazards with Safety concerns.
- Assist in accident investigations and prepare accident and/or injury reports.
- Data entry and presentation development, document and record keeping of food, health & safety activities.
- Conducting environmental testing, updating logs, and completing internal audits. Including preparing for external audits.
- Meeting with HAACP team, and keeping abreast of all new requirements regarding food, health and safety, including keeping the needed certifications current.
- Ensuring First Aid boxes are filled and current.
- Ordering and keeping inventory of PPE, cleaning supplies etc.
- Assist with other tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum High School Diploma, but Post-Secondary Degree will be considered as an asset.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in the Health and Safety discipline, Greenhouse or Packinghouse work experiences will be considered as an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and legislation. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Must be able to sit/stand for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to travel between facilities and conduct inspections in offices, warehouses, bunkhouses and within external grounds.
- Occasionally work in a temperature controlled environment of approximately 55 ˚F.
Job Requirements: The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.
Note: this description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties may be assigned.
Apply online: https://www.muccifarms.com/careers/