Summary: Onix is currently seeking a passionate, engaged, and motivated individual to fill the role of a Senior Cloud Managed Services Support Engineer at Onix HQ in Lakewood, Ohio, or remote. This person will assist an agile team in establishing new grounds with a customer-first mentality while providing enterprise-level and corporate support for our growing Next-Generation Cloud MSP practice. This will consist of providing technical assistance as part of a 24/7 service and support using public and private clouds, as well as proactively working on enhancing processes to optimize customer environments.
Scope/Level of Decision Making: This is an exempt position operating under limited decision-making and supervision. Position performs a variety of assigned activities, referring more complex issues to a manager.
Location: Remote- Nationwide, Remote- Ontario, Remote-Quebec
- Provide support for cloud-based services and solutions including Google Cloud Platform
- Take ownership of helpdesk tickets and see problems through to resolution while observing and meeting enterprise grade SLAs
- Identify, research and troubleshoot customer issues; provide effective solutions and successfully implement them in a timely manner
- Configure and maintain monitoring, alerting and backup systems across multiple customers
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal or partner teams
- Ability to comprehend patterns and trends while troubleshooting to provide long-term and optimal solutions to issues while ensuring efficiency and optimizing customer environments
- Offer world-class support experience, fostering transparency and meaningfulness communication with customer
- Lead video calls with customers and provide updates in a timely manner
- Ensure proper documentation for recording and closure of all issues
- Help create and maintain knowledge base relevant for the MSP practice
- Participate in the creation and testing of new tools, workflows and explore new technologies
- Be available to start work at 8 am local time, as well as in an on-call environment with rotation
- Comprehend and conform to GCP best practices
Onix Cloud Managed Services team is constituted on the integration of the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years of enterprise-level work resolving Cloud & Infrastructure/OS issues
- Strong Operating System troubleshooting skills (Linux, Windows, other)
- Experience and ability to work with ticketing and service desk software and management applications such as Service Cloud, Freshservice, Zendesk, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Trello, Confluence), Slack etc.
- Experience using technical, cloud-based 3rd party tooling such as Datadog, LogicMonitor, AppDynamics, CloudHealth, Automox, VEEAM, Appranix, VMWare, Thycotic, etc.
- Experience with server virtualization: Image creation, deployment and maintenance
- Experience creating and maintaining software defined networks
- Altiris, SCCM, or other deployment tools
- Networking fundamentals and technologies, including VPN configurations, TCP/IP, firewalls, routing, load balancing etc.
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Good working knowledge of common web hosting technologies (Apache, Nginx etc)
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent technical and customer focused communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Strong problem solving skill set, and the ability to understand new technologies quickly are essential
- Automation experience with BASH, Powershell, Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience with Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Pulumi or other Configuration Management technologies
- Software development background or knowledge of software development methodologies
- Understanding of solution design/architecture principles
- Knowledge of multiple public or private clouds, with a heavy focus on GCP
- Thorough understanding of DevOps principles and practices in relation to release pipelines and builds
- Experience with CI/CD management tools (Jenkins, Git, TFS etc.)
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Anthos, Docker, containerization and serverless technologies
- Working knowledge of DataOps monitoring, managing and maintenance
- Experience with performance monitoring and management of database engines (ex: MSSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Postgres)
- Familiar with regulatory and governance frameworks such as HIPAA, PCI, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent experience
- Certifications - Would prefer any of the following
- Google Certified Professional - Cloud Architect
- Google Certified Professional - DevOps Engineer
- Google Certified Professional - Data Engineer
- Google Certified Professional - Security Engineer
- Google Certified Professional - Network Engineer
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- AWS Certified Database - Specialty
- AWS Certified Data Analytics - Specialty
Travel Expectation: Currently <10% due to the Covid-19 crises the amount of travel is subject to change.