OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County, OMJCC is currently seeking Pultrusion Molders for a plastics manufacturer in Cuyahoga County.
SUMMARY: Plan and perform required duties to operate molding equipment following established procedures and methods to assure conformity to prescribed quality and production levels.
Responsible for the set-up, operation and startup of single or multiple sequence of pultruded molding equipment. Materials to be supplied to work areas by others. Responsible for and must be able to set and adjust all process controls and raw materials, i.e. adjust and set temperature, cure time, pull speed, length, clamp pressure, and ensure required layers of reinforcement and other molding materials are maintained and adjusted as required along with other operating adjustments to maintain quality. Responsible for placement, setting, threading, stringing, and adjusting of tape, mat, roving and other reinforcement material. Responsible for alignment and setting of material guides; maintain resin pans at proper level using both pumps and manual loading methods. Make proper adjustments or changes that are required. Cut parts to specified lengths using manual, semi-automatic or automatic cutting blades, saws, or other equipment. Responsible for the proper installation, removal, and cleaning of all tooling (i.e., molds, mandrels, dies, platens, etc.) support tooling and equipment (i.e. pans, guides, handles, etc.) Responsible for recognizing potential problems with reinforcements, resins, etc. and to exercise correct adjustments to correct problems. Responsible for the correct packing of product, product identification, and correct quantity of finished product. Remove completed package away from press loading area if required. Duties require the use of judgment to plan and perform a sequence of operations within the limits of established procedures and operating methods. Position requires constant monitoring of product for the anticipation or problems and the correction of said problems with knowledge gained from experience.
- Responsible for the continual visual inspection of raw materials and for monitoring and checking finished product.
- Use micrometers, calipers, measuring devices etc. to check materials and product for conformity with quality specifications.
- Perform advance troubleshooting on complex thin wall shapes and/or products with highly defined properties as well as products with specialized applications.
- Responsible for identifying and repairing salvageable parts.
- Provide accurate reports as required on productivity, sub-standard product material, improper operations, and questionable matters.
- Detect and report defective materials or improper operation, and refer questionable matters to proper supervision in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the use, maintenance, and proper application of issued tools and instructions.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Keep work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Any activity required to maintain ISO certification
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Use ordinary arithmetic. Work from shop orders; make simple use of charts, tables, and drawings. Make an interpretative use of temperature and time controls. Use scale, micrometer, fixed gauges, rule and indicators.
Must be trained in:
- Quality Manual
- Quality Policy
- Control of Non-conforming Product
- Pultrusion Machine Operator Guide
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: Hazard Communication; Hazardous Waste
- Little physical effort setting materials, checking parts, cleaning molds, making adjustments, cutting & performing other duties.
- Considerable time spent in observation.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, twist/turn, reach below knee, push/pull, squat/kneel, sit and lift above shoulders.
- Must be able to stand/walk frequently
WORKING CONDITIONS: Some exposure to fumes, resins and heat, but with no element present to the extent of being disagreeable.
NOTE: The above job description covers the most significant duties performs, but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
OMJCC 8211-10078 Recruiter Deb 216-777-8209 Debra.Madey-Grivna@ulagency.org