MTSIis a 100% employee owned by more than 1,300 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicatedto providing high caliberservices to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for thebest to join us as we grow.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, andreward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Eligible new co-workers start at a rate of 20 days PTO/year, 10 holidays/year, 6% 401k match with immediatevesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer otheremployee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS healthinsurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit:
The position supports acquisition tasks for AFRL technology development programs. The candidate shall apply technical project management principles to support government Program Managers in the execution of technical tasks that advance the state of the art in systems for the United States.
Specific duties include:
* Assist the Principle Investigator and Program Manager in daily contract management, including technical and programmatic coordination with industry partners
* Verify technical and financial progress against established Integrated Master Schedule baselines
* Recommend and refine project requirements to achieve the program technical objectives and roadmaps
* Identify and communicate technical and programmatic risks and issues to the government project leads
* Work with test and analysis team to create test plans to submit to the lead project engineer for approval
* Assist and advise Program Manager and engineering staff on research demonstrations and operational analysis of aerospace systems
* Participate in working groups and team planning offsite meetings
* Attend technical interchange and design reviews. Evaluate contractor hardware designs at the component and integrated systems level
* Evaluate contractor plans for system assembly, hardware integration, component/system level testing, demonstration/experimentation planning, and data collection
* Determine accuracy of information/situation depicted, and report inconsistencies
* Advise engineers with regards to developments in industry, university, foundation research, and threat assessment
* Make recommendations to improve technical decisions made by the lead project engineers,
* Review and edit reports and briefings
* Communicate lessons learned from past experience
* Provide continuity and feedback between the lead project engineers and test team
* Assist in preparation and release of Broad Area Announcements and Contract documents
* Assist in reviewing contractor deliverables
Candidate shall have, at a minimum:
* Bachelor of Science in any of the following: business, economics, program management, math or engineering
* Top Secret Clearance
* 5 years experience working DoD acquisition programs to include:
o Experience managing Research and Development contracts involving financial management, coordinating/planning for significant project events and milestones as well as evaluating contract deliverables
o Experience managing technical program progress against integrated master schedules
o Experience with coordination of technical efforts with government and industry partners
o Knowledge of contracting strategies, Contract Deliverable Requirements
o Experience controlling classified data from multiple sources to include the generation of DD254s for collateral, SAP and SCI applications
MTSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.