First Community Village, National Church Residences
Senior Living Campus
Columbus, OH * Part-time
For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as one of the largest not-for-profit providers of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 25 states and it originates from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need.
Join our team and share in the mission with National Church Residences! We are looking for Waitstaffto support our Senior Living campus in Columbus, OH and build your career here. This role will work with a team of professionals who support teamwork and innovation while promoting unlimited growth and professional development at every level.
Work/Life Balance, Renovated Facilities
Retirement Plan Available with Company Base and Match Contribution
Generous Paid Time Off Policy, 8 Paid Holidays
Company Paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
Full Time(30 hours or more per week) eligible for Health, Dental, Orthodontic and Vision insurance
Build your career with National Church Residences!We are comprised of multiple facilities and locations in the Central, Northern and Southern Ohio areas andpromote internal growth.
PURPOSE According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and local regulations and under the supervision of the Director of Food Service assumes responsibility for ensuring the residents are receiving a quality dining experience. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Responsible for the resident's entire dining experience, which includes but not limited to, seating residents, presenting them with menus, explaining food items, refers to the Cook or Director regarding ingredients and food preparation, taking their food orders, serving residents using the established rules of etiquette and responding to complaints regarding the food.
* Responsible for answering dining phones processing reservations and carry-out orders, as well as communicating other messages to appropriate parties
* Clears and resets tables as needed.
* Assists others in the preparation of foods and properly storing foods utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements.
* Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment and follow all regulatory state and organizational procedures.
* Properly operates the point-of-sale computer system if applicable, reporting any system discrepancies to the supervisor on duty.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Carries and distributes supplies as needed.
* May train new employees.
* Attends and participates in in-service education programs.
EXPECTATIONS * Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not
limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET-WAITSTAFF
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred or currently enrolled in a program to achieve preferred education.
Experience: One to two years preferred.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have excellent customer service skills.
Licensure: None required _______________________________________________________________________
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare ( R) = 0-24%; Sometimes ( S) = 25-49%; Frequent ( F) = 50-74%; Continuous ( C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing C= Stooping Lifting / Carrying; S = 10-25 lbs. S = Standing R = Pushing S = 26-50 lbs. R = Sitting R = Pulling R = 51-75 lbs. C = Walking R = Driving ` R = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Some monetary responsibility. Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Good working conditions, some distractions. Due to working in facilities, exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive residents.
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.