Position Summary / Purpose
Execute the timely, accurate, and profitable estimation of property losses. Help close and retain customers by promptly responding to requests for estimates on property damage, effectively communicating the organization’s capabilities while maintaining the highest levels of customer care.
- Coordinate estimates and communicate with customers and adjusters
- Create accurate and profitable job estimates
- Prepare written proposals
- Completed estimates will be forwarded to the customer within four (4) business days of the property inspection
- Communicate with customers
- Maintain project files
- Attend customer-related functions. Network with customers to help generate new business
- Build and maintain relationships with claims adjusters and contractors
- Close business–obtain customer commitment
Qualifications-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED) or one (1) to twelve (12) months of related experience and / or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages, and draw and interpret property sketches and graphs.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Deal with problems involving multiple concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills
- Xactamate, Xactanalysis experience preferred.
- Intermediate capability in using word processing software, spreadsheet software, email systems, and the internet.