We are American Greetings.
We are friendly hellos and great big smiles. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Our innovative and creative work is a reflection of each of us and the culture and values we share.
We are excited that you want to join us in helping make the world a more thoughtful and creative place.
Every. Single. Day
Our commitment to diversity is based on this basic belief that many points of view come together to make a stronger and more creative organization. It makes our products more authentic, and it makes American Greetings an even more exciting place to work.
Diverse and inclusive culture with employee resources groups
13 paid holidays
Flexible Schedules (Department Based)
401k- dollar-per-dollar match up to 6%
AG Workperks Discount Program
All Hands Meetings
Employee Assistance Program
Medical, dental, vision
The Senior Forecasting Analyst is responsible for interacting cross functionally with the Business Unit, Customer Relations, Sales, Marketing and Finance to coordinate and oversee the collaborative development of product forecasts for assigned businesses. This position is responsible for driving continuous improvement in forecasting accuracy and forecasting process to positively impact out-of-stocks, scrap/shrink, on shelf availability, sales and margin. The successful candidate will have the highest level of data analysis and problem-solving skills and be versed in best practice demand forecasting methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Gather data from a variety of sources. Assess, interpret, and analyze the data in development of intelligent and timely demand forecast for use in production requirements and financial planning. Analytic skills must include the ability to see the big picture and the demonstration of strong business intuition.
* Drive continuous improvement in forecasting process and methodology. Work cross functionally to leverage capabilities of ERP system and other planning tools. Direct the utilization of forecasting methods and software tools to deliver and measure forecast success. Continually seek, report, evaluate, and make recommendations to leadership to improve forecasting, planning and budgeting processes for assigned businesses.
* Develop and evaluate forecasting models that consider product strategies, promotional tactics and activities, historical sales trends/POS, new product introductions, flow of materials, and manufacturing capacity.
* Expand data sources used in the forecasting process and integrate all available data sources in order to assess and monitor trends and changes. Sources to include historical sales, point-of-sale data, secondary market audits, primary market research, competitive intelligence, sales analytics data, financial data, supply chain data, etc.
* Enable management to make informed, data-based decisions by providing business analyses and analytical support, particularly in areas where data is difficult to access / unreliable and where a high level of analytical skill is required.
* Shares in ownership and responsibility of the P&L for assigned business.
* Responsible for Ad Hoc analysis and projects as requested.
* Carry out other duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned, in an effective manner.
* Exemplifies American Greetings' Mission, Vision, and Values.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* While performing the the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a normal office environment.
* May travel occasionally for up to one week at a time as needed.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. We desire to place a priority on referrals of protected veterans. EOE M/F/disability/vet VEVRAA Federal Contractor