OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is sourcing for an Quality Inspector at a local manufacturing company.
At this level, the associate has demonstrated the proficiency to do their job with only limited help while maintaining performance objectives on standard work processes. This includes recognition of routine problems and the ability to keep the inspection process running by making appropriate adjustments to correct the problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands and interprets the application of basic control methods during process auditing
- Understands and may use deviation system
- Understands the concept of Discipline Problem Solving
- Capable of balancing workload (using the schedule to make sound decisions)
- Is fluent in locating documents associated with assigned tasks
- Able to identify visual criteria and features for applicable parts
- Fluent/self-sufficient is assigned plant/environment (processing, manufacturing, assembly and receiving)
- Recognizes and complies with all applicable Swagelok procedures
- Recognizes when to seek out and pursue additional guidance
- Regularly applies accurate judgment on product and process characteristics
- Can correctly answer questions relating to acquired skills
- Performs skills in a timely manner
- Works independently per standard work
- Understands the concepts of 5S visual displays and the metrics listed on the primary Visual Display Board
- Use of various types of inspection equipment
- Ability to analyze statistical process control techniques used in processes
- Execute physical inspection of product to assure product conformance
- Understanding of process flow for internal operations
- Application of statistical sampling plans
- Application of various operational procedures
- Verification and maintenance of inspection equipment
- Entry of records and documentation, in both written or electronic form
- Provide unbiased disposition of product based on established quality requirements
- Prioritization of work by appropriate means
- Conveyance of information pertaining to observed quality trends and issues
- The Inspector must perform the above listed, as well as other assigned responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic understanding of manufacturing prints and product / process specifications.
- Strong math skills
- Communication: Provides feedback pertaining to observed quality trends and issues; Able to interact with production associates/supervisors regarding quality issues
- Leadership: Integrity
- Interpersonal: Approachable
- Teamwork: Respect; The ability to work as an integral part of the Quality team
- Thinking: Decisive; Take initiative to make decisions
- Work Habits: Attention to detail; Ability to work autonomously
- Emotional Self-Control
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to pass vision acuity test with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Able to sustain effective visual inspection over the course of their scheduled shift by applying published Swagelok Visual Standards and Standard Work to parts being inspected.
- Must be able to lift on a regular basis between 25 - 35 pounds and occasionally between 35 - 50 pounds. Demonstrate manual dexterity required to properly handle products and gages, able to move throughout the shop floor to gather samples, move parts, etc. Some standing, squatting, kneeling, bending, and twisting is required. In some environments, must be willing to work in enclosed/confined spaces (clean-room).
(216) 777-8209 office