Facilitate the achievement of obtaining optimal business value (efficiency and effectiveness) out of the resources utilized for the Enterprise Core System, including capital, technology, and staff. Responsible for eliciting the actual needs of the stakeholders, analyzing business requirements, identifying business opportunities, preparing documentation and evaluating risk. Ensure assigned applications work reliably for the business and are kept current per the vendor requirements; maintain, troubleshoot, and support systems on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure the assigned applications are fully utilizing the feature/functionality and that processes are efficient. Perform business process review and analyses in order to drive efficiency and utilization gains throughout the department. Actively seek ways to improve the client experience.
2. Responsible for evaluating product offerings and potential enhancements and identifying the feasibility, business value proposition, and/or the benefits to be gained. Make a recommendation to team with rationale and obtain a supported team decision.
3. Lead and/or participate on projects as needed (system upgrades, bank integrations, etc.). Collaborate with other departments to lead and facilitate the implementation and fulfill the initiative purpose and goal through standard best practice project management techniques. Ensure all aspects of the project is completed:
Documentation of the project needs.
Analysis/options or feasibility research of needs and possible solutions.
Visually map solution and present in an easy-to-understand manner to get a decision.
Identify technology and/or business requirements.
Gather, document and update business requirements.
Complete detailed workflow process mapping.
Develop testing strategies and execute test plan to mitigate deployment risk.
Recommend preferred solutions.
Implement - identify issues and escalate/manage resolution as required.
Develop supporting documentation including process/procedure manuals.
4. Maintain and manage reporting systems to provide actionable information to drive business decisions.
5. Maintain Disaster Recovery plans and models.
6. Ensure all application changes follow the standard process while keeping exceptions to a minimum and only with special approval.
In Addition to the above, these may apply:
Manage operational vendor relationships.
Administer and monitor application-level security.
Coordinate Application Group with Clients as required.
Perform application maintenance including incident tickets, workflow design and process change requests.
Perform assigned application upgrades and plan independently with management and technology teams to ensure application is kept current with vendor's release schedule, patches and other requirements.
Lead team on discovery of new technologies and/or modules and provide recommendation to management for application replacement and/or enhancements.
Education - High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience - Over three (3) years of application/business/systems analyst experience.
Other - None
Bachelor's degree in business, operations or a related.
Technical certifications in Microsoft, CompTIA, and/or Cisco.
Direct Banking experience, including exposure to and understanding of bank structure/operations.
Knowledge of SQL, SAS Visual Analytics, SSRS, or other reporting technology
High School (required)
Over three (3) years of application/business/systems analyst experience (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).