IT Administrator I
The BMC Controlm Operator will provide support services for the
Production, Scheduling and Controls Team, currently being supported by the
existing hosting provider Defense Information Systems
Agency (DISA). The Project,
Scheduling, and Coordination (PS&C) Team provides job scheduling and
monitoring functions, available 24x7.The PS&C team will perform
enterprise scheduling and analysis utilizing BMC Control-M software.
Monitors and analyzes job schedules and consults with appropriate functional,
programming, and technical staffs to optimize job schedules.
Carries out information systems and/or information technology tasks within more than one discipline, such as application support, database administration, software quality assurance/quality control, software engineering, and network telecommunications. Follows escalation protocol for complex issues and collaborates with the upper tier to reach resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures.
* Conducts analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
* Responds to triage requests submitted by Tier I and II specialists to provide guidance and support for system needs and upgrades.
* Troubleshoots and resolves problems in an efficient manner with minimal supervision and escalates items that are more complex and works in partnership to reach resolution.
* Implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
* Runs tests on and maintains operating system and related software.
* Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
* Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
* Actively engaged in the planning and designing of new platforms and integrating new technologies into existing infrastructure. May evaluate new technologies and releases.
* Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
* Assists with creating and reviewing technical system recovery plans to reduce down time if an outage were to occur.
* Reviews the problem management register and identifies actions.
* Interest or motivation to learn and apply scripting methodologies to automate tasks.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
0-3 years of experience in information technology, systems administration or other IT related field.
possess IT-II /Secert Clearance
certification from a nationally recognized technical authority.
Approved 8570 Baseline Certification: Category IAT Level I
Other Job Specific Skills
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and products that include Microsoft Windows, Windows Servers, Microsoft Office365 and SharePoint, Microsoft Teams
* Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve basic/routine system hardware, software or networking related problems.
* Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Experience preferred with cloud infrastructure, digital workspace, and storage technology.
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Light office duties
which may include sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing digital
screens for prolonged periods of time, lifting up to 10 pounds, use of a desk
or mobile phone, typing on a keyboard, writing with a pen, pencil, or stylus, etc.
It is the policy
of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual
orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any
personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these
All recruiting, hiring, training, and
promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are
made to abide by the principle of equal
The physical requirements described in
"Knowledge, Skills and Abilities" above are representative of those which must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this
job. (For example, "light office duties' or "lifting up to 50 pounds"
or "some travel" required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified,
to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work
performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed
to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
ASM Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.