Estimator/Project Manager combination role responsible for securing and performing millwright, rigging and mechanical projects from inception through completion. Responsibilities include estimating, participating in negotiations, preconstruction, planning, risk management and overall project performance from financial and safety performance, scheduling, risk management, procurement, subcontractor management to project closeout. Manage all client relationships. Provide exemplary management and leadership of teams and individuals.
Reporting/Interaction: Position directly interacts with other Project Managers, Operations Manager, Sales/Estimators, Dispatch, Human Resources and all craft and operational positions.
Requirements / Background:
- Experience estimating and managing millwright, mechanical and rigging projects including assembly, erection, relocation or dismantling of large machinery and equipment along with installing, relocating, or dismantling entire process lines and plants (4 years)
- Experience with job costing, construction accounting and financial responsibility of projects
- Project Scheduling – using scheduling platforms such as MS Project
- Proficient in reading, understanding and managing bid and construction documents including drawings (incl. P&ID’s & ISO’s), technical specifications and contract documents
- Preferred rigging knowledge includes cranes, lift trucks, and other specialized rigging equipment and methods; millwright knowledge should include general knowledge of layout, machine installation, assembly/disassembly, leveling and alignment; mechanical knowledge should include minimally light to moderate piping and instrumentation
- Computer literate with proficiency MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, etc.)
- Education – Required – HS Diploma
- Education – Preferred – BS or AS degree in project management, construction management, engineering or similar; alternately, strong interest in millwright/rigging/mechanical with non-relevant degree; or alternately an appropriate level of relevant qualifying education, skills and experiences
Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Customer focus, manage relationships, passionate about work, strong sense of responsibility
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and management skills; open-minded and approachable
- Grow, lead and develop individuals and teams – work as a team and share knowledge.
- Compensation and Bonus – competitive and negotiable
- Allowances: credit card, cell phone, laptop, health insurance, Retirement, profit-sharing, professional development
To Apply: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “QWF Project Manager” in the subject line.