Alion Science & Technology is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to support a customer located at WPAFB.
* Responsible for installation, upgrading, monitoring, maintaining and supporting networks for multiple Special Programs.
* Develop network solutions that meet customer needs for projects with varying size and complexity.
* Lead small and medium size project initiatives and provide technical expertise to network and systems administrators.
* Analyzing and diagnosing computer and communications problems to determine causes and make recommendations as to necessary corrective actions.
* Perform installation of various network equipment/hardware, to wired, data systems, and VOIP.
* Develop architectural diagrams of systems using standard templates to illustrate solutions to customers and technical staff.
* Identify customer requirements and design enterprise systems.
* Design and configure systems to DoD security standards and communicate technical controls to customers and management.
* Interact with the government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent and valid across the Enterprise.
* Develop, document, execute, and integrate systems engineering processes as required to enable effective systems engineering and integration efforts.
* Integrate activities over the life cycle of systems within the Enterprise including prototyping and production, as well as operations and sustainment.
* Develop feasibility studies, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of decision making.
* Optimize network performance, where applicable.
* Well versed in network monitoring software.
* The ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Assist in mentoring and training junior technical personnel.
* Collaborate with support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. military.
* Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance, with enhanced security.
* Must have and maintain a DoD 8570 approved IAT II level certification.
* Minimum of 8 years of experience associated with providing support for network infrastructure operations, maintenance, sustainment, network project design and implementation.
* Cisco Switches/Routers, Firewalls and IPS hands, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), DNS, ACAS/Nessus, VMWare
* Experience with crypto logical devices like: KG250x, KG-175D/G.
* Some basic knowledge of programming languages like Python and experience with Linux operating systems would be a plus.
* Experience working with government and military defense.
Security Clearance: Secret
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information