Alion Science and Technology is seeking a qualified candidate for Software Engineer with a background in Real-Time programming. This individual will be responsible for the development of real-time hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) simulations.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or like discipline.
* 2-10 years' experience in related field
* Working knowledge of real-time programming and, interfacing with data acquisition hardware/instrumentation and RF test equipment
* Experience with C, C++, Qt, MATLAB/Simulink, Python, LabVIEW, and one or more Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
* Experience with radar or electronic warfare strongly desired
* Must be a self-starter, have the ability to consistently deliver at a high level with minimum supervision and maintain continuous communications with subordinates, peers and upper management personnel
* Ability to negotiate through conflicting demands for resources and manage time to drive overall organizational success
* Ability to evaluate tools and processes to identify opportunities for improvement
* Experience developing software in a team environment using version control, build automation, bug tracking, and similar processes/technologies
* Able to respond effectively to unanticipated, time-sensitive and mission-critical test stand repair needs in a rapidly changing, high intensity environment.
* Ability to work with a team or alone as the projects dictate
* Good analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Good verbal communication skills
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance, with enhance security.
Security Clearance: None
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information