Alion Science and Technology is seeking a qualified candidate for LabVIEW FPGA Developer with extensive experience using LabVIEW, TestStand, FPGA, and Real-Time modules to create robust data acquisition, timing, and control software interfaces.
* Create or modify LabVIEW, TestStand, and FPGA programs to meet testing needs for current or upcoming programs
* Create test operational documents to support current and modified programs.
* Full lifecycle application development. Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
* Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
* Testing and quality assurance. Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
* Support, maintain and document functionality. Integrate software with existing systems.
* Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical test equipment and components.
* Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
* Bachelor of Science in applicable engineering or science field preferred, however candidates with relevant equivalent experience will be considered.
* Progressive experience using LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real-time, and LabVIEW FPGA
* HDL (Verilog/ VHDL) simulation/ programming/ debug
* Experience with Xilinx FPGA/MPSoC/RFSoC projects and Xilinx toolsets (Vivado)
* Must be a self-starter, have the ability to consistently deliver at a high level with minimum supervision and maintain continuous communications with subordinates, peers and upper management personnel
* Ability to negotiate through conflicting demands for resources and manage time to drive overall organizational success
* Ability to evaluate tools and processes to identify opportunities for improvement
* Experience developing software in a team environment using version control, build automation, bug tracking, and similar processes/technologies
* Able to respond effectively to unanticipated, time-sensitive and mission-critical test stand repair needs in a rapidly changing, high intensity environment.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance, with enhance security.
Security Clearance: None
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information