Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift
Marion, OH 43302, USA
Thursday, May 13, 2021
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Provide multi-skilled maintenance/electrical support focused on customer service, quality, cost and productivity in a TPM and CI environment. Focused on developing maintenance skills and abilities. Follows and promotes safety and safely perform all job tasks. Demonstrate respectful workplace behavior.
* Continuing job-related education is required
(General) Understand, troubleshoot and problem solve issues of basic complexity in advanced electrical/mechanical systems (PLC, Drives, Servo, HMI, CNC, etc.)
* Test and perform preventative maintenance.
* Understand basic operation and use of electrical test equipment
* Understand electrical arc flash protection code requirements
* Understand basic electrical circuits
* Understand basic function of PLC, drives and controls
* Understand types of conduit and conduit fittings.
* Understand, maintain, and troubleshoot AC and DC motors and drives.
* Maintain and troubleshoot basic motor branch circuits
* Use electrical test equipment to measure current voltage and resistance
* Understand trouble shooting process for electrical equipment and electrical systems
* Basic troubleshoot PLC, drives, HMI
* Trained to work on energized electrical circuits
* Understand purpose of symbols used in, and information provided on electrical diagrams including block diagrams, single line diagrams, schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, connection diagrams and raceway diagrams
* Trained in electrical arc flash protection code requirements and follow standards
* Inspect gears and gear units for lubrication problems and bearing failure
* Understand types and function of gears, the components and characteristics of gearbox setups, problems with gears and gear boxes, and gearbox overhaul.
* Check and adjust end play, backlash, shaft run out and tooth contact in gearboxes
* Disassemble and reassemble gearboxes
* Understand the parts, function, maintenance and troubleshooting of typical motor operators including operation, replacement, and adjustment of rotary drum limit switches and torque switches
* Understand types and functions, installation, lubrication, maintenance, causes of failure, and replacement of sliding surface and roller contact bearings
* Operate manual mill, lathe, and surface grinder to produce quality part.
* Maintain and troubleshoot, disassemble and reassemble pneumatic valves
* Understand parts, function, maintenance and overhaul of reciprocating and rotary positive displacement pumps, and single and multistage centrifugal pumps
* Understand pipe sizing and materials of construction, pipe storage and handling, characteristics of pipe joints and fittings, calculate pipe length, measure, cut and thread pipe
* Ability to resolve issues and restore equipment to operating condition quickly and efficiently.
Up to 75 Pound lifting may be required at times
Climbing, crawling, squatting/kneeling, may be frequently required
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
Marion, OH 43302, USA
Share this job:
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.