Patient Advocate (Medicaid Eligibility)
Cognizant (formerly Bolder Healthcare Solutions) is seeking professional, motivated individuals who are compassionate about helping those in need. We are currently hiring for a full-time Patient Advocate to be based near Cleveland, OH. The position is Remote; however, candidates must be based in OH or KY.
The Patient Advocate will assist clients over the telephone with applications for benefits through Medicaid, Social Security Disability and/or hospital charity program assistance. We ensure that Medicaid, Social Security, County Indigent or other types of eligible funding for health care services is received for patients. Other duties will be assigned.
Schedule: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
Full Benefits Available Immediately
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and review patient information to determine patient's eligibility for Medicaid and charity programs
- Prepare documents; review for accuracy and completeness
- Provide technical assistance on agency issues, services, program(s)
- Maintain and/or create files or record keeping systems. Sort, label file and retrieve documents or other materials.
- Ensure adequate documentation is maintained.
- Computer proficiency skills are required.
- Retrieve, sustain and communicate all designated reports.
Qualifications - External
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Degree preferred but not required
- We are seeking professionals who are compassionate about helping those in need.
- Previous experience working with Medicaid and/or in a medical office setting is preferred
- Previous experience working in a call center environment is preferred
- Must have the ability to maintain and respect confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines
- Must be highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate communication, organizational, administrative and time managerial skills.
- Must have access to high-speed internet
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma is required. Associates degree or Bachelors degree is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity