Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Title: Auto, Auto Diesel and Truck Technicians
Department: Class 8 Truck Repair
Reports To: Service Manager
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to maintain and repair vehicles. The position is responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximum reliability and functionality.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Must be able to work Monday – Friday (schedule may vary depending on workload)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following - Other duties may be assigned:
- Identify mechanical problems by inspecting vehicle and mechanical/electrical components
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
- Test parts and systems to ensure that vehicles are working properly
- Use equipment to ensure that repairs and maintenance are effective
- Conduct routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
This position has no supervisory duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Two years of related experience preferred
- Minimum of a two-year degree and ASE Certification is preferred
- A Class A CDL is required for those applicants wishing to pursue employment as a heavy truck technician after 90 days of employments
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos,procedures, and plans related to technician work.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use common sense and solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform various tasks, use of basic office tools, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions and employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, in precarious places; in the presence of airborne particles, and with the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection.