Title: MDS Coordinator
Job Code: 03006OH Division: Senior Living
Status: Exempt Reports to: Director of Nursing/MDS RN Coordinator
Revision date: March 2019 Supervises: May supervise MDS LPN Coordinator
According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and local regulations and under the general supervision of the Director of Nursing/MDS RN Coordinator, assumes responsibility for completing the MDS and admission assessments, quarterly and significant change updates, annual reviews, CAAs, and electronic submission for all residents in the center, This is accomplished by assessing patients and working collaboratively with direct care staff (i.e., nursing, social services, dietary, therapy, and activities staff). Facilitates plan of care conferences and prepares individualized care plans.
* Assumes responsibility for completing the MDS admissions assessments, quarterly and significant change updates, annual reviews, CAAs, and electronic submission for all residents in the center. Audits/coordinates MDS, CAA Summaries and Plan of Care with Interdisciplinary Team.
* Responsible for ICD9 coding.
* Responsible for Physician Certification.
* Responsible for Insurance authorizations/updates.
* Develops thorough working knowledge of RUGS III/IV scoring process to best utilize for accurate scoring of residents. Sets MDS ARD such that assessment score is maximized.
* Addresses concerns/other resident issues with family members/caregivers.
* Develops working knowledge of center assessment software.
* Generates reports and assessments as requested by supervisor.
* Works as care manager/floor nurse as assigned by director of nursing.
* Participates in on-call rotation.
* Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET-MDS Coordinator
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing (RN preferred) or a vocational school of practical nursing.
Experience: Must have training in restorative techniques as well as in the practical application.
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English. Must have exceptional written, verbal, analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Licensure: Current Ohio nursing license in good standing.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 25-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous (C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing S = Stooping Lifting/Carrying: S = 10-25 lbs.
F = Standing R = Pushing S = 26-50 lbs.
F = Sitting R = Pulling S = 51-75 lbs.
F = Walking R = Driving ` S = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Moderate monetary responsibility.
Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive residents
I hereby understand and agree to the above description of the duties required.
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.