OhioMeansJobs | Medina County is recruiting part-time and full-time positions on behalf of healthcare employer.
Direct Support Professional
Starting wage range: $11-$14
Work days: Monday-Sunday
Shifts available: 1st (6AM-2PM), 2nd (2PM-10PM), and 3rd (8PM-8AM or 10PM-6AM)
Under the general direction of the Site Manager, Supervisor or Community Coordinator, the direct support professional works with, trains and provides active treatment and assistance for the Individual in the assigned area and in accordance with each client’s Individual Plan (IP) within the parameters of the policies and procedures of the employer.
- Cooking, including but not limited to creating a shopping list, storage and inventory of food and dietary supply items, food prep, following a menu, and cleanup.
- Laundry, including but not limited to, inventory of clothing, washing, drying, folding, ironing and storing.
- Using durable medical equipment.
- Cleaning, including but not limited to, dusting, sweeping, mopping, and sanitizing all areas of the home including bedrooms, closets, bathrooms, kitchen, living room, laundry room, outdoor spaces, basement, garages and vehicles.
- Personal care, including but not limited to eating, bathing/showering or grooming such as shaving, hair care, nail care and toileting.
- Provide transportation for individuals as needed using The Society vehicles and/or personal vehicle if applicable.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- Duties may vary with caseload or shift assignment.
- Engage in positive interactions with individuals at all times.
- Provide input for the development of Individual Plans and implementation of IPs including documentation of services provided.
- Ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of all individuals. Responsible for reporting and documenting unsafe conditions and any injury or health conditions by following the chain of command.
- Perform delegated nursing tasks and health related activities as assigned.
- Arrive on time for your shift. Must be flexible as you may be required to work holidays and other shifts outside of your normal schedule.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude, teamwork and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate quality service delivery and a positive agency image.
- Serves as an effective leader and communicator and is self-motivated, dependable, collaborative and has the ability to work flexible hours.
- Adheres to The Society’s policies and acts as a role model in adherence to these policies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to communicate in English including both spoken and written.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in Medication Administration, First Aid, CPR, PMT and other courses as required.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License, good driving record, and carry the proper liability insurance while traveling to surrounding counties (Wadsworth, Medina, and Seville, Ohio)
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is required to stand, walk, sit, drive, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.