Are you ready to gain new skills to help run and maintain the latest production technology and equipment for the world’s biggest brands? We’re looking for team players who know how to take charge of business-related challenges and keep us running smoothly.
Plant Technicians are vital to the success of our business at P&G. As a technician, you will work on a team that is responsible for keeping production flowing, meeting performance goals, and maintaining the high level of quality that consumers expect from our products.
We require individuals who possess a high level of skill and initiative, understand the importance of continuous improvement, and can excel in a self-directed team environment. We will hire you at entry level and you advance by demonstrating growing levels of operating, maintenance, and leadership skills.
Meaningful work on Day 1
We do various types of work, including operating and maintaining high-speed automated equipment, computer systems, or product distribution systems. From the beginning, you will be getting involved, impacting situations and influencing business-related problems.
We offer you:
- Ownership of your work from your first day
- The ability to maintain world-renowned production technologies in some interesting ways
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our products
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- A safe work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
We have no doubt these skills will help you on the job be:
- Able to display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
- Maintain accurate records and data
- Display strong technical, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Able to operate essential material handling equipment at the site e.g., clamp truck, forklift, hand trucks, etc.
We believe in order to be able to perform on the job, you will need to meet the following physical requirements:
- Use basic hand and power tools
- Lift 50 pounds by bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time
- Discern the various visual and audible alarms and signals for equipment start-up etc.
The Lima Procter & Gamble Plant operates 7-days per week on 12 hour rotating shifts. We operate on a 2-2-3 work schedule rotating between days (5:30 am-6:00 pm) and nights (5:30 pm-6:00 am).
We rely on local talent and relocation is generally not paid. Changes in business volume and production requirements can cause the plant to occasionally change the length of work shifts or the rotation schedule. Technicians are expected to be willing to rotate and to work any shift.
Are you ready to join this renowned team?
We believe you will be an excellent fit here if, you:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Wear required safety personal protective equipment (eye protection, ear protection, safety shoes, gloves & respirator) and use appropriate fall protection (as needed)
- Are willing to work rotating shifts
Just so you know: Relocation is generally not paid. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual. Procter & Gamble participates in E-Verify as required by law. Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Applications will be accepted via our online process starting Thurs, May 20th, 2021 through Thurs, June 3rd, 2021. You must have a valid e-mail address to apply.
Application assistance is available at OhioMeansJobs - Allen County Job Center located at 951 Commerce Parkway, Lima, OH 45804 on Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Their phone number is 419-999-0360
To Apply: Apply online at https://www.pgcareers.com/job/lima/plant-technician/936/8223950080