Marion County is Hiring!
The Marion County Court of Common Pleas, Family Division is taking applications for an administrative assistant position. Marion’s Family Court includes the County’s Probate, Domestic Relations, and Juvenile Divisions and is located at 222 West Center Street in Marion, Ohio.
Normal business hours are 8:30 – 4:30 Monday through Friday. However, administrative assistants may need to arrive early or stay late occasionally to help with a special event or project. Primary duties for this position include serving as the court’s main receptionist, organizing case files, and directing attorneys and court users to meetings and court hearings.
Marion County offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, along with an attractive Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS) retirement benefit. Starting wage will be at least $15/hour.
Marion County Family Court is a part of the Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative (JDAI), and we are committed to ensuring that youth and families that are involved with our Court are treated with dignity and respect.
Section 2: Duties & Responsibilities
Administrative Assistants serve as the Court’s main receptionists and offer support to our various offices.
- Support the Court’s mission of serving the public with dignity, respect, caring.
- Serve as main receptionist at the court’s main entrance.
- Creating, filing, and managing various court documents, including sensitive documents.
- Creating and maintaining Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Using Microsoft Outlook to schedule or manage events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Section 3: Qualifications
Preferred qualifications for position include:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Special consideration will be given to those with a Bachelor Degree or Associate Degree, or at least 2 years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, or Secretary.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
Section 4: How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email, mail, or drop it off in person to the attention of Gwyn McKinniss.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
- Position can be filled immediately.
- Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a thorough background investigation which includes local, state, and federal criminal history. Drug screening is also mandatory.
Gwyn McKinniss, Fiscal Administrator
Marion County Family Court
222 West Center Street
Marion, OH 43302