TITLE: Career Consultant CLASSIFICATION: Eligibility/Referral Specialist 2
HOURS: 8:00 a.m- 4:30 p.m. PAY RATE: $17.73 - $18.73 per hour
Join our team! Make a difference in your community. Between the great benefits and positive work environment, this is an opportunity unlike any other! We are hiring a full-time Career Consultant.
This position will focus on the coordination of services for employers and job seekers in Allen County.
- Acts as primary contact to customers, as well as employers, in the marketing and referral of customers.
- Refers customers to appropriate job center programs, assisting with resumes and registering on OMJ.
- Assists customers in developing job search skills.
- Answers and transfers phone calls within the Job Center.
- Works with local workforce development organizations, and employers to determine employers’ needs, and program availability (OJT, incumbent worker, tax credits, training incentives, etc.) to assist with job openings, new hires and employee retention.
- Posts and maintains job postings on spreadsheet, job board, and on OMJ.
- Conducts resume searches for job postings and notifies employer of candidates.
- Assist with social media and website updates and postings.
- Uses Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook to manage agency job postings.
- Determines eligibility for WIOA Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth programs, as well as the Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program.
- Maintains ongoing caseload of active clients.
- Works extensively with the Youth Coordinator on a variety of tasks.
- Determines eligibility for Social Services Programs co-enrolling as appropriate, to assist customers in overcoming barriers to employment.
- Completes client budget of household expenses.
- Contacts third party to confirm a plan of assistance.
- Arranges for needed services, completes data entry and arranges services as needed.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Completes contracts and paperwork for training.
- Attends meetings and training sessions at the State and local levels to learn new methods, regulations and policies.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. assisting administrators and supervisors in compiling information, completion of special projects, training and meetings, etc.).
- Provides intensive case management to assist participants with accessing appropriate services/resources, which will include making home visits and transporting clients to assigned activities or appointments as needed. Maintains and reports accurate program data.
- Administers comprehensive assessment and basic skills assessment to identify participant strengths, weaknesses, barriers, and goals. Develop, manage and revise detailed plan for all youth participants that will assist the youth in overcoming barriers determined from the participant’s comprehensive assessment and service strategy that will aide them in becoming job ready and self-sufficient.
- Provides youth services/elements (i.e. financial literacy, work experience, leadership development, etc) to participants. Instructs job readiness classes on various subjects. Provide one-on-one job readiness and job search assistance to aide in obtaining and retaining employment.
- Provides follow-up services to each participant to ensure employment retention and self-sufficiency. Tracks and assists ongoing and follow-up customers in education and/or training programs and in job search activities.
- Works with local workforce development organizations and employers to align youth work experience and employment opportunities. Completes contracts and paperwork for work experiences and training services.
- Be on call, after-business hours (on a rotating basis) for customer phone calls and text messages. Resolves customer matters to ensure appropriate services and transportation are provided. Compensated for phone calls/text messages received after hours.
Salary and Benefits:
- Pay ranges from $17.73 - $18.73 per hour
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation time
- State retirement system
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Work 7.5 hours per day plus paid lunch
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in related field preferred.
Watch “About Us” video on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aguenKEHjU
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Josh Luke at Josh.Luke@jfs.ohio.gov