Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Following established procedures and under the direction of the Manager, Human Resources, plan, implement and manage various programs in the Human Resources department for the benefit of employees and to support ongoing business initiatives.
- Maintain contact with hourly employees to monitor employee morale and concerns by being out in the plant environment daily, covering shift changes. Recommend and implement policy changes to address issues.
- Coach and mentor front line leaders and hourly team leads to resolve personnel related issues including progressive discipline within the hourly population.
- Interpret Hourly Personnel Policies and administer policies as mandated including attendance, job bidding and FMLA in order to ensure compliance by front line leaders and managers.
- Responsible for all phases of hourly employment including obtaining requisitions in Workday, interviewing, testing, reference checking and orientation. Obtain mandated documentation such as I-9 requirements.
- Manage annual hourly wage recommendation process including conducting and interpreting wage and benefit survey data.
- Manage annual hourly Performance Review process including calibration of ratings.
- Lead the Employee relations team to ensure the success of plant celebrations, employee recognition, and company sponsored events are in place and successfully launched and maintained.
- Deliver various training topics and serve as mediator for HR processes
COMPLEXITY AND SCOPE
Resolution of employee relations issues in compliance with both Federal and State labor laws as well as Company policies
Coaching of supervisors and managers through delicate, complex and often confidential work issues
Recommend disciplinary actions designed to improve performance through behavioral changes or to terminate employment when appropriate.
Represent Campbell Snacks / Pepperidge Farm brand on various community organization committees or action groups
Strong attention to detail and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task in in dynamic, high stress/problem solving situations.
Excellent communication and presentation skills and must be effective in interactions with all levels of management as well as hourly production employees.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Bachelors degree required in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
3-5 years of related Human Resources experience in food manufacturing or medium size manufacturing plant required.
% OF TRAVEL REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
Normal office environment with frequent exposure to plant environment (noise, heat, machinery)that requires PPE to be worn such as safety glasses, slip resistant shoes, uniform, hearing protection, hair and beard nets.
"The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information."