This is a full-time, temporary position. This job order may lead to the filing of an H-2B application. Disclosure of job order and Notice of Worker Rights can be viewed at the OMJ Centers.
- Pack or package by hand a wide variety of products and materials
- 40 hour workweek. Monday-Friday. 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Some overtime and weekends required
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT:
ON THE JOB TRAINING PROVIDED:
- Minimum onsite training provided
- $12.15 per hour
- Overtime at $18.23 per hour
- A single workweek will be used to compute wages due
- Paid biweekly
- All deductions from the worker’s paycheck required by law will be made
- BOARD, LODGING, OR FRINGE BENEFITS OPTIONAL; EMPLOYER OWNED HOUSING $50.00 PER WEEK/$100.00 PER PAY PERIOD
- DAILY TRANSPORTATION (OPTIONAL) Workers are responsible for daily transportation to and from the designated pick-up location; employer will then provide each work crew with daily transportation among the worksite locations
- FIRST WORKWEEK GUARANTEE Workers will be reimbursed in the first workweek for all visas, visa processing, border crossing, and other related fees, including those mandated by the government (except passport fees).
INBOUND/OUTBOUND TRANSPORTATION AND SUBSISTENCE: If the worker completes 50% of the work contract period, the employer will provide advance payment for transportation and subsistence from the place of recruitment to the place of work. Upon completion of the work contract or where the worker is dismissed earlier, the employer will provide or pay for the worker’s reasonable costs of return transportation and subsistence back home or to the place the worker originally departed to work, except where the worker will not return due to subsequent employment with another employer or where the employer has appropriately reported a worker’s voluntary abandonment of employment. The amount of transportation payment or reimbursement will be equal to the most economical and reasonable common carrier for the distances involved. Daily meals will be provided at a rate of at least $12.68 per day during travel to a maximum of $55.00 per day with receipts.
PROVISION OF TOOLS, SUPPLIES, AND EQUIPMENT: Employer will provide workers at no charge all tools, supplies, and equipment required to perform the job.
SINGLE WORKWEEK FOR PAY: The employer will use a single workweek as its standard for computing wages due.
THREE-FOURTHS GUARANTEE (Optional): The employer guarantees to offer work for hours equal to at least three-fourths of the workdays in each 12-week period of the total employment period.
To Apply: Submit resume to Tessa.Laing@jfs.ohio.gov