We are American Greetings.
We are friendly hellos and great big smiles. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Our innovative and creative work is a reflection of each of us and the culture and values we share.
We are excited that you want to join us in helping make the world a more thoughtful and creative place.
Every. Single. Day
Our commitment to diversity is based on this basic belief that many points of view come together to make a stronger and more creative organization. It makes our products more authentic, and it makes American Greetings an even more exciting place to work.
*Diverse and inclusive culture with employee resources groups
*13 paid holidays
*Flexible Schedules (Department Based)
*401k- dollar-per-dollar match up to 6%
*AG Workperks Discount Program
*All Hands Meetings
*Employee Assistance Program
*Medical, dental, vision
The Senior Network Engineer position will be responsible for technical support for all functions within the network team. This will include third-level support and design for all network environments within the enterprise. Responsibilities will include completing project work, day-to-day administration, advanced troubleshooting and providing off -hours support. This individual will report directly to the Manager of the Network and Perimeter Security team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work directly with management and internal teams to ensure the success of both network project goals and deadlines, and day-to-day operational activities
* Provide advanced third-level support for Cisco routers and switches, wireless controllers and access points and ASA and Sourcefire appliances.
* Demonstrate competency in additional technologies, including VoIP and Unified Communications clusters, as well as WAN acceleration and SD-WAN technologies
* Propose and implement multi-year strategies to leverage maximum value from network investments
* Possess a strong understanding of MPLS and WAN topologies, and demonstrate proficiency in troubleshooting connectivity throughout the global footprint
* Follow process and procedure standards from a technical, business and compliance perspective
* Balance the ability to support existing requests and quickly respond to new issues, while ensuring all project efforts are delivered on time and with high quality
* Assist cross-functional engineering teams to accommodate requirements of new solutions for applications, server and storage groups
* Demonstrate proficiency with various routing protocols, complex network configurations and support of remote and international locations
* Show ability to design, implement and provide provide roadmap of an enterprise-sized environment
* Effectively use monitoring/adminstrative tools to maintain network uptime and efficiency, including SolarWinds, PRTG, Cisco Prime, and Air Magnet.
* Provide 24 x 7 support for both planned and unplanned activities in order to minimize disruptions to the business
* As new industry technologies emerge, study/learn the benefits of these and effectively assess whether the technologies can be leveraged to enhance existing functionality, replace less effective technologies or streamline overall operations
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. We desire to place a priority on referrals of protected veterans. EOE M/F/disability/vet VEVRAA Federal Contractor