JOB DESCRIPTION - COMMERCIAL CARPENTER
At M & W Construction our Carpenters repair, remodel and construct commercial buildings such as offices, hotels, schools, churches, and restaurants. Some specialize in working with light-gauge and load-bearing steel framing for interior partitions, exterior framing, and curtain wall construction. Others specialize in finishing interior and exterior walls, partitions, and ceilings.
Carpenters use many different hand and power tools to cut and shape wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall. Use hand tools, including squares, levels, and chisels, as well as many power tools, such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns, and welding machines. Carpenters fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and do a final check of their work to ensure accuracy. They use a tape measure on nearly every project.
Carpenters may work in cramped spaces, and frequent lifting, standing, and kneeling can be tiring. Those who work outdoors are subject to variable weather conditions.
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding
- Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, and other materials
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and doorframes
- Help erect, level, and install building framework
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
Shift: First Shift, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Driver’s License
- Must pass background check and pre-employment drug screen
To Apply: Apply in person at 1201 Crestwood Drive, Lima, OH, 45805, OR by phone at 419-227-2000, OR submit resume via email to Josh.Luke@jfs.ohio.gov