About Dana Holding Corporation
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Machine Set-up Operator Job Description
A physically demanding position requiring heavy lifting and carrying averaging up to 70Ibs. The ability to stand continuously is essential with occasional walking and sitting. The nature of this position will require employee to perform a wide range of physical activities ranging from pushing and pulling heavy objects requiring a potential push/pull force of 100Ibs. to crouching, kneeling, bending and handling. Repetitive motions are also required.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, taping, de-burring, molding and all bench operations and inspect.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility
- Operate using proper environmental health and safety work practices
- Adhere to and exceed quality standards focusing on customer satisfaction
- Achieve desired production schedule by maintaining a constant workflow and following production standards
- Perform equipment and end of line testing as needed
- Assist in preventative maintenance of assembly machines and tools
- Be a leader on the production floor, setting a strong example of work ethic and integrity
- Maintain a spirit of continuous improvement
- Assorted machine building and assembly functions
- Follow standard work and standard operating procedures while possibly assisting in the development or modification of procedures
- Assist in the receiving and organizing of materials
- Be accountable in communicating inventory needs to aid in production planning
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic handheld measuring tools
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds
- Safety glasses must be worn at all times as well as steel toe boots or shoes
- High school diploma or GED required
- Work performed in a Plant environment
- Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable
To Apply: Complete the online application at https://career4.successfactors.com/career?company=DanaLimitedP&career%5fns=job%5flisting%5fsummary&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&_s.crb=wg8XON%2fN%2fm2EhLM%2flNyuO1gS3Rrirb5iTkMJ6sVoSl0%3d