At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reports to the Director, N&P Plant Accounting.
This position is located in Lima, Ohio, U.S.A. and is not available for remote work.
What you will do:
- Lead the team that is responsible for providing financial and operations accounting expertise to support plant accounting functions
- Provide leadership to the accounting team and be the subject matter expert on site accounting matters
- Complete and improve month end close processes
- Participate in policy alignment initiatives and implementation
- Participate and lead automation and process improvement projects
- Verify the proper accumulation of product flows through our production areas and verification of month end accumulations and reporting
- Raw material and finished product cost accounting
- Understand, identify and implement required internal controls, including certification reporting, audit responses and SOX controls
- Management of physical asset verification process
- Ensuring Balance Sheet Accounts are effectively analyzed and managed
- Capital Project and Asset Accounting, assisting with project setup, asset verification, property tax
- Other related duties
What you will bring:
- An undergraduate degree
- Recognized professional accounting designation or near completion
- 7 years of related experience
- Experience in a plant environment is required
- Strong working knowledge of:
- Accounting/financial concepts and principles
- GAAP/IFRS applications in a business environment
- Management accounting principles
- Experience with large ERP systems, preferably Oracle
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and data base tools such as Power Query
- Strong communications and collaboration skills along with interpersonal awareness
- A desire to grow and develop
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
To Apply: Visit