Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, we’re looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate that Actions Speak Louder in Person®.
If you’re ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us
The Cincinnati Life Insurance Company is currently seeking a life underwriter to review and appraise applications for life insurance adhering to company standards.
Be ready to:
- review and appraise applications for life insurance adhering to company standards
- develop favorable working relationships with agents and associates
- ensure a quality product and service to the agent, with a sense of urgency
- communicate and resolve differences with agents, field representatives and other departments
- keep management and field representatives informed of pertinent agency information
- use reference materials and manuals to assist in underwriting
- educate our agents on underwriting and products
- ability to travel (minimally)
Be equipped with:
- a minimum of three years of life underwriting experience
- good oral and written communication skills and computer skills
- good organizational and time management skills
- ability to adapt to change and work independently
- willingness to work overtime
- promote teamwork with internal and external associates
- general knowledge of medical and financial terms and impairments
- good decision-making skills
- college degree desirable or prior underwriting experience
- involved in continuing education classes (FLMI, FALU, CLU)
Enhance your talents
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or you’re new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional – all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated. To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our benefits and amenities packages.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation, gender identity and transgender status; religion; national origin; age; disability; military service; veteran status; pregnancy; AIDS/HIV or genetic information; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn more about the Federal Employment Notices.