The role of this position is to verify and keep shipping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepare items for shipping as needed.
Essential Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Results
* Act as primary contact for shipping companies and couriers.
* Receive incoming shipments and prepare outgoing shipments. Deliver any incoming shipments to appropriate parties.
* Recycle all materials that are ready to go.
* Print out, create new orders and make packing lists.
* Properly package materials for shipping locally, domestically and internationally.
* Perform Warehouse duties as required and maintain a clean warehouse.
* Identify and store materials in warehouse/stockrooms.
* Coordinate transportation of goods.
* Man shipping/receiving doors and load/unload trucks.
* Manage shipping supply levels and act as back-up for janitorial services.
* Work overtime as needed.
* Assist in any additional responsibilities, as directed by management.
* Ability to multitask.
* Good communication skills.
* Maintain high degree of cooperation with all areas of business.
* Comply with all SGS standards, policies, procedures and applicable regulations.
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following physical requirements are commonly performed in this job. There are times, on occasion, when the employee may be asked or expected to perform duties with physical requirements that are different from those listed here. It is the employee's duty to notify the management of any physical limitations or inability to perform a certain task.
Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
Frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-65 pounds.
Vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
This description is based upon management's assessment of the requirements and functions of the job as of the date this description was prepared or revised. It is a general guideline for managers and colleagues. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Management reserves the right on a temporary or indefinite basis to modify as necessary to meet changing business conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Southern Graphic Systems, LLC ("Sgsco ") is an equal opportunity employer. Sgsco will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees